If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day meals on 10th May 2009

Thanks to my lovely kids, Jeslyn and Lucas prepare all these meals for me today (Mother's day), I'm so happy...

Lunch - Mee Hoon Ker ( Lead by my helper, and assisted by Lucas 9 years old). And served using the new "Rooster" bowl that I just bought from wet market today.







Afternoon tea time- Apple pan cake ( prepared by Jeslyn 12 years old), she just created this recipe by herself, and the taste was really yummy.






Dinner- Lime Leaf Chicken (prepared by Jeslyn) . She made researched on few of my food magazines and decided to cook this dish for me.
1) Rice - she is just so creative by using the Pandan leaf water to cook this rice, got little Pandan aromatic..
2) Lime leaf chicken- Chicken was a bit over fried, but the taste was just so good, tasted sweet (from honey), sour ( from lime ) and kaffir lime leaf aromatic..will share this recipe next time.
3) Cauliflower- just boil and served
She did her own arrangement on plating too.
This was really nice and yummy..I just impressed.

14 comments:

Bakeling said...

Wow, you are so happy today , from breakfast until dinner !

The food of the day seemed very delicious . Pls tell your daughter that her apple pancake might become my Sunday meal one day because I like to eat apples.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, yes, I also impressed with her own invention. Mother good in cooking so daughter also not bad mah, hehehe..

米亚 said...

wowww~~~~ so happy!!! your kids are really good kids! you teach well!!! I am not a mother yet but I appreciate what kids do their parents...

Agnes Sim said...

wow...那面粉糕很有家鄉的味道。令我想起媽媽煮的... :S 好久沒回家了。

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

米亚, especially my daughter, she is just exactly like me, enjoy all good foods.

Agnes,served with Rooster bowl,really kampung feel.

Colin Woon said...

Wow! You're a really lucky mom! Your kids are well raised!

The apple pan cake looks pretty impressive coming from a 12 years old, with her own recipe even.

Your kids are just amazing, they are pretty good in the kitchen! Must be a wonderful Mother's day for you! Happy Mother's day!

Btw, what's with you and rooster? The rooster theme seems to glaze your blog from time to time. Hehehe...

Annie said...

wow, you are really the Queen for the day!! So blessed to have your young kids to prepare lunch, tea and dinner for you!! I love the rooster bowl, u still can find this in Klang? Let me know where to get, I want to get a set too!!

Nancymommy said...

我们都很有很乖的儿女...真没白疼他们...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, yesterday I just relaxed and waiting for my meals only, but just noticed all meals from morning (breakfast was Roti Canai) till afternoon tea was all done by flour, I need to do more exercise liao..
There is no more Rooster theme but instead a nasi lemak lover theme which created by my daughter, you still see Rooster theme? tell me more via email to me.

Annie, the bowl size is very small only, like the normal Chinese soup small bowl, and it is not so good in quality, quite rough surface and made in China. But the Rooster drawing is nicely painted. If this ok for you, I will get a set for you, let me know.

Nancy, yes, they are all our good girl and son.

温馨小屋 said...

你孩子,很棒哦!
好羡慕你和nancy哦!我都没有女儿!

SueSue said...

Wah you are so lucky your kids cook for you. Me... aiyor have to wait many years more. Hahaha

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Felvinc, I'm lucky to have daughter, and usually daughter is very caring.

SueSue, your daughter will do the same thing when they get older..

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow, you were so spoiled on Mother's Day! I can't wait for the day when my girls can cook for me, then it would be great huh? 吃在口里,甜在
心里!

Eugenia said...

Aww your kids are so talented in the kitchen already!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin