温馨小屋 strongly recommended me to try this recipe from 星厨房. I have tried for few times, and now I also strongly recommend you to give a try. This cake is very soft, moist, not too sweet and less oily.
- cut to half and apply a layer of Blueberries jam
- I prefer to prepare in cup type.
- Even it collapse/shrink, but still very tasty
A) 4 medium egg yolks
10g Castor sugar
B) 4 medium egg whites
60g Castor sugar
1/4 tsp cream of Tartar
120g Natural Yogurt ( or other flavours)
60g Cake flour/Superfine flour
10g Corn flour
40g Corn oil
1) Beat egg yolks and sugar till thick and pale in color, add in yogurt and mix well, set aside.
2) Beat egg white and cream of tartar until foamy, gradually add in sugar and continue beat till fluffy and soft peaks.
3) Stir a big spoonful of egg whites mixture into the egg yolk batter and gently stir with whisk to lighten the batter.
4) Then with a spatula, scoop gradually the remaining egg whites mixture and fold well with egg yolk batter.
5) Sift cake flour and corn flour, and gradually fold into batter.
6) Last add in corn oil and fold gently into batter.
7) Bake in pre-heat oven at 160c for 25mins (cup cake), 40mins (round baking pan).
Tips ( After few attempted making sponge cake, these are my own experiences for sharing):-
1) Separate the eggs when they are cold, because the yolks do not break easily.
2) Leave egg white at room temperature before beating to get best volume.
3) Cake will collapse when turn cool, advise to turn up-side down (tricky to follow this, I have tried once, but the whole cake dropped off)
4) Use superfine flour to get fine texture, and flour must sift and slowly fold into batter.
5) Fold batter gently, don't over- or under- do it
Thanks 星厨房 for the great recipe.
37 minutes ago