320g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp baking powder
90g cheddar cheese
2 eggs (beaten lightly)
1. In the electric mixer, sift in the flour and baking powder, add in butter and cheese, mix well.
2. Add in beaten egg, then gradually add in milk, mix to a soft but not-too-sticky dough.
3. Use a pastry cutter to cut it round and place them apart on a baking tray.
4. Brush the top with some cheese.
5. Bake in preheat oven for 200c for 20mins.
Note from Annie: advise you to use machine or electric mixer to prepare the dough, if use hand, the heat from our hand will transfer to the dough which will harden the dough. For those unfinished scones, store in container and put into fridge, reheat when you want to eat and it still taste good.
Anyway, I need to try out with sweet scone, kids prefer sweet taste.