If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, May 4, 2009

English Cheese Scone

This was my 1st time baking scone, my sister-in-law (Annie) was so kind sharing this lovely recipe to me, the result was great. This is best to accompany with a cup of English tea.












Recipe:-

320g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp baking powder
90g cheddar cheese
90g butter
2 eggs (beaten lightly)
70ml milk

1. In the electric mixer, sift in the flour and baking powder, add in butter and cheese, mix well.

2. Add in beaten egg, then gradually add in milk, mix to a soft but not-too-sticky dough.

3. Use a pastry cutter to cut it round and place them apart on a baking tray.

4. Brush the top with some cheese.

5. Bake in preheat oven for 200c for 20mins.
Note from Annie: advise you to use machine or electric mixer to prepare the dough, if use hand, the heat from our hand will transfer to the dough which will harden the dough. For those unfinished scones, store in container and put into fridge, reheat when you want to eat and it still taste good.
Anyway, I need to try out with sweet scone, kids prefer sweet taste.

13 comments:

Colin Woon said...

Looks really delicious, seems to go well with a cup of coffee.

1st and 2nd shots are awesome! Especially the 2nd one with good lighting!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, I didnt put up any special lighting, just normal down light.

Colin Woon said...

I meant good choice on the location for the lighting...hehehe...

Btw, have u joined Facebook yet?

Nancymommy said...

啊..让我想起在金马伦的Smoke house..一杯香浓的English tea 和 scone 搭配上好浓的cream...yummy..yummy...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, not yet, I have few friends sent me Facebook invitation but till now I have yet to accept the invitation, and dont think I have time to use it.

Nancy, yes, this scone is really nice , especially suitable for adult but not for kids because they will prefer sweetness rather than salty. This morning I just reheat the left over one, and it even tasted better.

Annie said...

After heating the scones, cut into half, sandwich with some jam + butter = more delicious!!

温馨小屋 said...

我没吃过,
这English cheese scone看起来好好吃噢!

米亚 said...

Hey~ I like baking scones too!!! This looks really yummy!!! I never try english cheese scones before but I do make ginger and dates scones... they are really tasty when you eat it with strawberry jam and butter...~ Thanks for sharing!!!

米亚 said...

There is actually a trick to make scones manually... use bread knife to spread the dough~ it does taste better than the mixer really~

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

米亚, you too know how to bake scone huh. Could share the recipe for ginger and dates scones?
Bread knife, how it look like? That one flat and long type? Can i use spatula instead?

Emily said...

Hi Gurl!

How do you brush the cheese on? cheddar cheese - grated or melted?

Loveeee scones!

米亚 said...

yea~ spatula is just perfect sonia~ I will pass you the ginger and date recipe when I come back from work... =D you made a really delicious scones with cheese!!!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Emily, just put grated cheese will do. Try it out and let me know the result.

米亚, thanks in advance for your the recipe lor.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin