Mi Re Do ! Mi Re Do! Do Do Re Re, Mi Re Do !
Hot Cross Bun ! Hot Cross Bun! Warm and Yum - my, Hot Cross Bun !
This is one of the Desmond's favorite song which he learnt from the Yamaha music class ( I need to accompany him in the class, so I learnt little too) , and he requested me to bake for him these Hot Cross Bun !!
-I also specially bake a Spiderman bun for him. But not really look like Spiderman, hehehe..
As for the sweet bun recipe, I hopped over HSLING home but made slight changes on her recipe:-
Basic sweet bun recipe
High protein flour -300g
salt- 1/4 tsp
Butter - 30gm
Egg (lightly beaten)- 1
Yeast base- mix 2 tbsp of milk powder with 140ml of warm water, then add yeast 1 + 1/2 tsp and leave aside till frothy (about 15mins)
Topping - custard cream
1) Mix all ingredients (dry ingredients and yeast base) in a mixing bowl.
2) Mix into dough, knead the dough until elastic, smooth and non-sticky.
3) Cover the dough with towel, leave it to prove till double in bulk (normally about 1 hour).
4) Take out the dough and punch out the gas produced.
5) Shape to desired size, top with egg wash and custard cream.
6) Leave it to prove again for another 45mins
7) Bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degC
p/s You know what, Desmond just had a small bite of the hot cross bun, actually he not really like to eat bread, wasting my time only..Luckily Lucas and Jeslyn appreciate that..
蔓越莓粟米曲奇 【Cranberry Cornflake Cookies】
1 hour ago