If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Banana with chocolate chips muffin

Made some researched on few blogger's recipes and came out with my own version of muffin, which I prefer this kind of muffin texture, soft and moist...

- Banana and Chocolate chip Muffin




Recipe to share
** can make 15 of small muffins


200g self raising flour
100g butter
70g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs, lightly beaten
50g Natural yogurt
100ml milk
150g bananas Pisang Emas ( mashed with 3tbsp of freshly extract lemon juice)


Steps:-
1. Mix yogurt and milk, set aside.
2. Cream butter, salt and sugar till creamy.
3. Add in eggs, vanilla essence, followed by the yogurt+milk and mashed bananas, beat well.
4. Fold in the flour and mix well using spatula, last add in chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Scoop batter into each muffin paper cup.
6. Bake at 200C pre-heat oven for 25 minutes.
My tip:-
Add lemon juice in the banana, banana colour will not turn black.

*** This is a proven recipe by me, if you have tried this recipe, do let me know the result ya...Lets improve together...

16 comments:

温馨小屋 said...

哇!看起来很香很好吃! 我也有买跟你一样的纸杯呢!

Annie said...

Sonia, I must try this recipe one day!! btw where did you get these muffin cups? they are lovely!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Felvinc, so you try to bake this, very nice.

Annie, I got it from the bakery shop near Meru Pasar besar, I will try to get you some. I just like this small size, kids sometime can not finished if prepare big size of cup.

Nancymommy said...

哦...好像买回来的喔...真的和外面卖的一模一样哦!看来好好吃...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nancy, I dont see any update on your blog for today, very busy...

Annie said...

Hi Sonia, dont have to get for me!! it's ok... i just wonder where can you get these lovely muffin cups in Klang.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Annie, ok, i see. Klang do have few bakery shops selling variety of bakery stuffs..

Colin Woon said...

I like anything with chocolate chips, ha!

Good works, Sonia! Awesome photos here!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, ask your wife to prepare, very easy.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

can this recipe using steam method? Is change in recipe for steam?

Janetan said...

i'm wondering if the self raising flour can be substitute to super fine flour?? and how many baking powder or baking soda do i need??

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Jane, 1tsp baking powder will be sufficient.

sam said...

Hi Sonia i have been follow your blog since i found its in one of the website. All the recipes awesome and brilliant and excellent. I love bake and cook when i was in overseas.

sam said...

Hi Sonia, how much you put in the chocolate chips coz didnt mentioned in your recipes

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Hi Sam, sorry i forgot the amount of Choc chips, you adjust accordingly, maybe 1 cup is enough.

PJ Wife said...

Hi Sonia,
Would like to thank you for your great recipe!! I followed ur instruction & made the muffin over the weekend and the results are (I think good for a first timer?)

But I would like to ask something, when I start to add the milk + yogurt mixture to the batter, the butter and the milk seems like cannot blend well together? it give me a very thick "蛋花“ texture, is that normal? But I proceed to add in the flour as well... and it turns out okay, just that not too fluffy & a bit dense (more to cake texture).
Btw, I didn't make the banana puree, i made raisin muffin, perhaps I should add a bit more milk like 2-3 tablespoon to the mixture?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin