This stuffed cabbage rolls was inspired and created after i saw a Guangdong famous dish cabbage rolls 津白卷 recipe (filling is using meat ) was published in a Chinese news papper and a another cooking show using tomato and scrambled eggs as the filling for dumplings..So i combine these two ideas and turned into this stuffed tomato and eggs cabbage rolls. A plain, light and healthy dish , Chinese said 清淡可口..
Stuffed Tomato and Eggs Cabbage rolls 津番茄鸡蛋白卷
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
400g Chinese long cabbage leaves, blanched and drained
2 tomatoes, chopped and drained
3 eggs, lightly beat and mix with 1/2tsp fish sauce, 1/2tsp salt and pepper
Chinese chives, blanched in hot water
chicken stock powder to taste
salt to taste
Tapioca flour water
1tsp Chinese wolfberries
1. Scramble the eggs with oil. Mix with chopped tomatoes, set aside.
2. Place a heaped tbsp of filling in the middle of cabbage leaf. Roll up and tuck in the sides and complete the rolling and secure with a piece of Chinese chive.
3. Place cabbage rolls on a steaming tray, steam over high heat for 15mins.
4. Remove cooked cabbage and place on a serving plate.
5. Pour the steamed broth, add little water and add wolfberries, bring to boil, seasoning with chicken stock powder, salt and thicken by adding tapioca flour water.
6. Pour the broth on the cabbage rolls, serve hot.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Mui Mui my little favourite DIY with the event title "Tomato" ..