If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chinese Braised Tomato Noodles 番茄面


Today again about tomato ^_^. I have to post by this week because next week is school holiday and we are going to visit a state in Malaysia that we have never been there before, Kelantan (Let me know if you have any nice recommendation where to find good food or nice places to visit)..
Tomato noodles is famous in Sungai Lembing Pahang, and they use homemade Lembing noodles. I can't call my dish as Lembing tomato noodles since i did not use Lembing noodles..so i just called it as Chinese braised tomato noodles..




IMG_9385 copy

Ingredients..
IMG_0159


Chinese Braised Tomato Noodles 番茄面
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

650g fresh noodles

IMG_9373 copy
1 tomato, chopped
270g canned tomato puree
1 red chili, sliced
150g mustard green (choy sum), sliced
100g cabbage, sliced
120g roast pork (Char Siew), sliced
50g prawns
120g fish cake, sliced
4 shallots, chopped finely
3 garlic, chopped finely

1 lt stock ( boil 1cup ikan bilis + 1 onion with water)

1/2tbsp oyster sauce
1 and 1/2tbsp sugar or to taste
1 and 1/2tsp salt or to taste

Method

1. Saute chopped shallots and garlic till aroma.
2. Add in chopped tomato, tomato puree and stock, add in cabbage, bring to boil.
3. Once stock is boiled, add in mustard green, prawns, roast pork and fish cakes, cook for 1-2mins. Season with oyster sauce, sugar and salt.
4. Add in noodles, cook for 1min, dish out and serve hot.

Chinese tomato noodles 1

This is my first time cook tomato noodles, and glad that it turned good..

IMG_9367 copy


This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Mui Mui my little favourite DIY with the event title "Tomato" ..



39 comments:

Casey said...

yummy。。。这个我们这里叫作jawa面,我很喜欢吃叻!

Unknown said...

我家鄉sarawak挺熱賣一個叫番茄炸面的,同樣也有番茄醬汁。面有炸過,也不錯。你這個有那種感覺。*流口水*

Joceline Lor said...

现在肚子开始饿了啦!

Chef and Sommelier said...

Chi, Chinese Pasta? :D

Looks like a very hearty noodle dish!

Mel said...

This looks very appetizing noodles, the sauce must be good too....i drink it up all.

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Love these tomato noodles... look so delicious, especially that gravy.

Yi Yi said...

Kelantan tourist attractions:
1. Buddhist temples in Tumpat and Bachok district
2. Pasar Siti Khadijah
3. Rantau Panjang - if you want to shop at the border

Food:
1. Yati Ayam Percik + Nasi Kerabu
2. Nasi Kak Wook
3. Nasi Ulam (Nasi Ulam Cikgu is famous)
4. Authentic Thai Food (near Wakaf Bharu Police Station-real spicy!)

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

Yummmmy!!! Was just wondering...cud u do a post on pad thai noodles? Itry n each time, its aflop. U are sooo gud in these dishes!

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

the weather here turning cold and I would love to have this kind of hot soup noodle now :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Hi happyiyi, Thank you for these info, appreciate much.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Feeling hungry liao, hehe..

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, on my 1st glimpse, it looks similar to mee rebus but it's not. Thanks for sharing this as I never know this noodle before. Going to Kelantan ah, ask Phong Hong, I think she is from Kelantan! Our school holidays won't start until 12th Apr.

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

这个真的是Ho Ho Jiak! 我喜欢。。

PH said...

Sedap, loh! Eh, if you go Kelantan (I haven't been there before) you must eat the Ayam Percik :)

kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, we just came back from Kelantan last week. Food outlets have changed. The night market selling yummy ayam percik no longer there. But do try the Bak Kut Teh and Braised Pig Trotters along Jln Kebun Sultan [Chinatown]. You may like it, quite different from elsewhere. My hubby likes it very much. Buy their pulut rice [good quality & cheap - RM 20/5Kg], nasi dagang rice and pulut hitam are really worth buying.

Happy Flour said...

I'm sure my boys will love this one dish meal, I had to bookmark this recipe. Thanks for sharing ;)

My Little Space said...

Hey Sonia, I've never been to Kelantan before....so wish you luck. :o) However, I'm sure you'll like it there. My hubby looking forward to arrange a tour all the way from Mersing to Kelantan and then came all the way down from Perlis...someday. Still very much looking forward to. Hopefully, can arrange after my girl STPM by end of the year.
Btw, your tomato noodle looks really interesting. I think my kids would love it too.
Kristy

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Phong Hong, saya sure makan ayam percik, hehehe..

Kimmy, Thanks for sharing. I sure buy some beras beras ^_^

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Sona, I did Pai Thai last time but no time to take recipe. I will try to cook again soon.

Tracy Low said...

很特别的番茄面哦,看来我的两个瓜应该会喜欢

Li Shuan said...

看到你的番茄面马上肚子饿了!色香味俱全!赞

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , I think I've seen this kind of dish here but haven't tried it yet :D It looks filling and delicious !

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

啊,好多料!!!!

ICook4Fun said...

At a glance I thought it was Mee Bandung. They look delicious. Kelantan is one state that I always wanted to go but never got the chance. Hopefully one day. By the way the MFF event will be state of Kelantan next month hosted by me. Hopefully you get to participate.

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

I will love this dish.

I like to order tomato soup base ramen whenever I see it available , usually sold in stalls operate by mainland Chinese.

divya said...

awesome and drooling recipe

ann low said...

Very appetizing one dish meal. I'm sure my whole family will love this!

Baby Sumo said...

Hi Sonia, this noodle dish must be very appetizing. I made the Sarawak version before, I am wondering if the sauce taste very different.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Interesting! I never have this before, a bit like watery version of spaghetti.

QembarDelites said...

Noodles is not a dish that I like to cook but I do love eating them! Yours looks delicious! First time heard of this kind of noodles! been to Kelantan a long time back, so can't really remember how it was...looking forward to see your photos:D

Angelic Heart~ said...

Must be very delicious~
I love sweet sour taste of tomoto.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

It's a new dish, but I'd love to try everything that you cook! Getting worried that I'm not receiving email... Hmmm.

Small Kucing said...

not really crazy about this dish...maybe my boy would love it

Karen said...

很特别的番茄面,ho chiak.. :)

Honey Bee Sweets said...

I love ketchup/ tomatoes, so I'm sure I'll love this tangy yummy noodles! Will try it, thanks Sonia!

lena said...

oh, i've never heard of these noodles , i'm sure a lot of children will also love this..enjoy your kelantan trip and share your food adventure with us when you come back yaa!

Rosita Vargas said...

Lindo color y muy sabroso adorable,hugs.hugs.

Esther Lau said...

These tomatoes noodles also look like kuching "茄汁面"!!!!Yummy, I missssss these!!!!!

Zoe said...

Hi Sonia,

Pardon me for having no much knowledge with Malaysian local food. Nice to learn from you that this tomato noodles is a famous Pahang food :D

Zoe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin