After few days of busy activities (response to the inquiry for my kedai runcit , arranging order for my kedai runcit and sending gifts to the giveaway winners & etc). Today i just got some free time to steam this banana cake that i have bookmarked when i first saw in makcik manggis that i know i will like it. I made the right choice, this cake is less oily, nice banana fragrance, not too sweet and spongy..yummy..
I just enjoyed this yummy cake with this set of old-fashioned teaset . I found half dozen this old stock left at the pasar the other day..no think twice, immediately grap it back home ^_^..
This cake is special with adding this caramel mixture
Not nice looking banana but better taste and more nutritious ..
just like prepare sponge cake, beat whole eggs till thick and pale..remember to use cold eggs for better result.
Steamed caramel banana cake 蒸焦糖香蕉蛋糕 (Apam pisang gula hangus)
(recipe source: adapted from Makcik Manggis, with minor changes)
*makes a 9”x9” cake
90g coarse sugar
200g evaporated creamer
230g all purpose flour
200g mashed banana
120g caster sugar
3 eggs (large), cool from fridge
1tsp baking powder
1. Add coarse sugar in a saucepan, heat over medium heat till melt and turn brown.
2. Add in butter and stir till butter melted, pour in evaporated milk and mix well.
3. Remove from heat, stir till all caramel sugar dissolved. Set aside to cool.
4. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
5. Beat eggs in a mixing bowl over medium speed (I use hand mixer), gradually add in caster sugar, continue to beat till thick and pale in colour (5mins at medium speed and change to low speed for 2mins).
6. Add in mashed banana, caramel liquid and flour, use a balloon whisk to mix well till no lumps. Pour batter into prepared pan that line with paper.
7. After water boiled, steam over medium heat for 30mins.