Enjoy this hot noodles soup in this recent hot weather was not a good idea, my daughter and I were sweating like no body business after we finished our bowl of Kuey Teow noodles soup, Hahaha. Nevertheless, this was a bowl of yummy noodles soup, i think i can open a stall outside ^_^.
According to here, Johor style Kuey Teow soup is mainly consist of minced pork which made the soup more tasty.
a must have item - pork lard oil..
More updates on 13th March--fried pork lard, garlic oil, and chopped spring onion and coriander
another must have item-Preserved salty veggie or Tong Choy
Also need a pot of good stock !!
pork lard oil makes this bowl of noodles soup so tasty ! but can't consume this too often wor.
新山粿條湯 Johor Bahru Pork Kuey Teow Soup
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
To make stock
1 jicama or yam bean, cut big pieces
¼ round cabbage, tear big pieces
1 small bowl of ikan bilis (anchovies)
500g pork ribs, briefly blanched in hot water
1 large onion, 3 litres water, salt to taste
1. Once water boiled, add in all ingredients and boil over low heat for 2hrs. Season with salt.
250g pork slices (marinate with salt, pepper, tapioca flour)
350g minced pork (marinate with salt, light soy sauce, pepper, rice wine and tapioca flour)
A small piece of pork liver, slices, optional
Green leafy veggies ( I use Tang O veggie)
Spring onion and corianders, chopped
Preserved salty veggie or Tong Choy
Pork lard with oil (fry pork fat cubes in a wok till oil released)
Fried garlic oil (use pork lard oil to fry garlic)
1kg Kuey Teow or flat noodles
To serve (to prepare per person basis)
1. Blanch Kuey Teow in hot water for few seconds (to get rid of oil).
2. Add some stock in a saucepan, once stock boiled, add in pork slices and minced pork (flat to a small square piece), boil for few seconds.
3. Add in Kuey Teow, Tong choy, veggies, and pork liver (if using), cook for few seconds. Pour into a serving bowl.
4. Garnish with dried seaweed, pork lard and garlic oil, serve hot with chili padi and soy sauce dipping sauce.