If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chocolate Banana Pound Cake 巧克力香蕉磅蛋糕

When I was reading a cookbook, I saw this  chocolate pound cake recipe that contains of banana, chocolate chips and walnuts, I know this must be a nice cake. And this cake really not disappointed me..


cc3 copy

 
This was my first time follow an extra step when making a pound cake or butter cake, made a cut at the centre,, not that difficult actually...
cc copy
I made into two slim pound cake tin, ngam ngam hor (just nice), one for myself and another one sent to my sister ^_^..

cc4 copy

 
Even though this pound cake texture was not super moist (i guess due to corn flour is added ) , but this pound cake tasted chocolaty, not greasy, love the bite of nuts, banana and chocolate chips..another good keeper.. 
cc1 copy


Chocolate Banana Pound Cake 巧克力香蕉磅蛋糕
(recipe source: adapted from cookbook titled” Tokyo pastry house”, with minor changes)
*makes a large loaf or two mini loaf

160g unsalted butter
170g caster sugar
cc2 copy A pinch of salt
1/4tsp vanilla extract

18g Rum liquor
3 eggs, large (A)

46g corn flour, sifted
120g cake flour, sifted
1tsp baking powder, sifted

60g ripen banana, chop into small pieces
40g walnut (I replaced with pecan) , roughly chopped
40g chocolate chips

16g cocoa powder

Method

  1. Pre-heated oven to 200C.
  2. Sift corn flour, cake flour and baking powder, set aside.
  3. Beat butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extra till light and fluffy.
  4. Add in Rum and add egg one at a time, combine well.
  5. Add in flour mixture (no1), use a spatula to combine well.
  6. Add in chopped banana, chopped walnut and chocolate chips, lightly to mix well.
  7. Last add in cocoa powder, lightly mix to combine, do not over mix.
  8. Pour cake batter into prepare cake tin. Bake at 200c for 10mins, then carefully remove cake tin from oven and make a cut using a knife at the centre.
  9. Put back cake tin into the oven, continue to bake for another 20mins at 180C or until test with a skewer and it come out clean.

42 comments:

mui mui said...

Ah chi,
Your chocolate pound cake looks so slim. After eating this cake sure slim slim... LoL
The cake looks moist and chocolaty.
Love it!
mui

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

感谢分享
我想我会很喜欢这个蛋糕:)

Mel said...

I always get excited when I see the word pound cake. I love pound cake alot....but I have yet to make a chocolate flavour before. Thanks for sharing. Love to give this a try soon.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

If don't put corn flour, but all cake flour, is it ok?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Sharon, should be ok to replace with all cake flour..

ann low said...

Nice chocolately cake, love it!

Victoria bakes said...

My husband will go crazy over this

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

喜欢这样的蛋糕, 食谱取走了。。谢谢分享!

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

yum yum yum yum yum! Lately I have also addicted to baking similar-style of cake. Love the combination of this cake, got walnut, chocolate chips & banana sure very nice!

Esther Lau said...

what else can beat this type of combination? Love this pound cake so much and I kosak the recipe ya! :)

Joceline Lor said...

很美丽的磅蛋糕。喜欢这样长型的。

bbit_41 said...

我喜欢巧克力与香蕉在一起的组合
食谱我收常囖=)

Li Shuan said...

很ngam, 我正在做ann 家的香蕉面包,也有香蕉和核桃,只是没有巧克力味道。。虽然不是磅蛋糕的粉丝,但是有巧克力和香蕉,我想我会喜欢。这个长条形状很好看

柠檬叶 said...

香蕉和巧克力是最佳拍档,只要有它两在我都爱。图片好吸引人,把我肚子里想吃甜点的蛔虫勾引出来了,哈哈哈...

Baby Sumo said...

Oh never came across this "cut in centre" method before... beautiful cake!

Diane said...

Mmmm my mouth is watering. Have a good day Diane

Unknown said...

Banana and chocolate pair well. I have some ripe banana in fridge, great for this cake.

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

Banana and walnut, both i like :)

Lori said...

This is such a great idea for using up bananas. You can never go wrong with chocolate!

Jozelyn Ng said...

Love the cakes with walnuts, like to bite! Haha!

Ken said...

Looks good, love the extra crunchiness from the nuts :)

My Little Space said...

Love this simple looking babies. I would definitely drizzle on whole lot of chocolate sauce...before I wallop them all. hehe... Enjoy your week.
Kristy
p/s my girl is taking her STPM exam tomorrow. I think I am more nervous than her. haha....

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Simply awesome looking chocolate banana cake. Wonderfully prepared.
Deepa

chow and chatter said...

would love a big slice of this

Anonymous said...

halo sonia,,
may i know can don used banana,
or any others fruit to used,,cos
my parent cant take banana,,
hope u can share,,thanks--dian--sg

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

dian, ya, it is ok not to add banana..maybe we can increase amount of the chocolate chips and nuts.

Little blue said...

haha....today i have banana in the house so can do this!!

Jenny's Delicacy said...

Oh!! Chocolate & Banana..
always a match made in heaven
love it!!

PH said...

Very nice cake! As long as chocolate, I like any cake hee..hee...

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

My kids would prefer eating "chocolate" banana pound cake than my regular banana pound cake! I love this long cake mold too!

Unknown said...

This looks delicious, especially so with the bananas.

Veronica said...

Wonderful slim cakes! I love your 'slim' cake pan very much. I've never make a cut on my cake before. Yours turned out very nice indeed.

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , I like the long and slim cake pan ! Chocolate and banana sounds wonderful together :D Love the chocolaty and moist texture .

Little Corner of Mine said...

Nice cake and especially love that cake pan!

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS THE REPLACEMENT FOR RUM ?

lena said...

hi sonia, that's a very nice slim long cake and it's my first time hearing about cutting across the cake during the baking process!

Wild Card said...

I just made one and it is so so great!!!

Thanks for sharing the receipt :)

Gabriela said...

Wow, se ve delicioso ese pastel de chocolate!!! Tendré que probarlo!!!
Que maravillosas las fotos!!! Siempre es un placer pasear por tu blog! Buen fin de semana! Gaby de Las Cosas Ricas de Gaby

peiszong said...

Hi Sonia,

I always failed to beat butter and sugar until light & fluffy. Should I use the beater or the balloon whisk for the beating process?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

peiszong, usually I use electric hand mixer, I think it is called beater. Don't use balloon whisk, usually use it to beat meringue or whole egg only.

Unknown said...

Hi Sonia,

The cake looks delicious. However, I have a few questions.

Why do you add cocoa powder after the mixing all the flour and butter. Can mix the cocoa powder with the flour and add together to the butter?

What is the purpose of cutting the cake baking halfway?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Es Ng, good question, yes you can add in cocoa powder with flour. The purpose of cutting the cake just want to let it look like a typical pound cake pattern. You may omit this step.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin