This was my first time follow an extra step when making a pound cake or butter cake, made a cut at the centre,, not that difficult actually...
I made into two slim pound cake tin, ngam ngam hor (just nice), one for myself and another one sent to my sister ^_^..
Even though this pound cake texture was not super moist (i guess due to corn flour is added ) , but this pound cake tasted chocolaty, not greasy, love the bite of nuts, banana and chocolate chips..another good keeper..
Chocolate Banana Pound Cake 巧克力香蕉磅蛋糕(recipe source: adapted from cookbook titled” Tokyo pastry house”, with minor changes)
*makes a large loaf or two mini loaf
160g unsalted butter170g caster sugar
A pinch of salt
1/4tsp vanilla extract
18g Rum liquor3 eggs, large (A)
46g corn flour, sifted120g cake flour, sifted
1tsp baking powder, sifted
60g ripen banana, chop into small pieces40g walnut (I replaced with pecan) , roughly chopped
40g chocolate chips
16g cocoa powder
- Pre-heated oven to 200C.
- Sift corn flour, cake flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extra till light and fluffy.
- Add in Rum and add egg one at a time, combine well.
- Add in flour mixture (no1), use a spatula to combine well.
- Add in chopped banana, chopped walnut and chocolate chips, lightly to mix well.
- Last add in cocoa powder, lightly mix to combine, do not over mix.
- Pour cake batter into prepare cake tin. Bake at 200c for 10mins, then carefully remove cake tin from oven and make a cut using a knife at the centre.
- Put back cake tin into the oven, continue to bake for another 20mins at 180C or until test with a skewer and it come out clean.