I always like to bake with the condensed milk bread that always turned out soft and light..
Raisin Bread Buns with Butter and Sugar 粗糖牛油葡萄干小面包*make 6 buns using slim and long loaf pan 2"x2"x9"To make bread200g high protein flour or bread flour15g Condensed milk (I use sweetened creamer)120g milk20g caster sugar1/8tsp fine salt1/2tsp +1/4tsp instant yeast20g unsalted butter, room temp.
20g raisins10g cold unsalted butter, divide six piecesCoarse white sugar, for sprinkleEgg wash-1 egg yolk +1tsp milkMethod
- Add all bread ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, mix and knead until smooth dough.
- Add in butter, continue to knead till smooth and elastic dough, keep aside to rise till double in size.
- Lightly knead the dough then add in raisins and combine it well. Divide dough into 6 portions, shape into round ball, then place in the loaf pan. Set aside to proof for 45mins.
- Use a sharp knife, slice the centre of the buns, place cold butter at the cut area. Egg wash the buns then sprinkle some coarse sugar on top.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 25mins at middle rack ( last 5 mins changed to fan forced).
- Immediately remove buns from the loaf pan after removed from oven, cool on a wire rack.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover