If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Depachika, JR Kyoto Station underground stores, Kyoto Japan


After visited Hanamikoji 花見小路, we went back to hotel to rest before hunt for foods...While my hubby was resting , I went down to underground of Kyoto station to check out Depachika ( In Japanese department stores, the basement floor is a foodstuff market area. These areas go by the nickname "depachika" (a combination of "depato", meaning department store, and "chika", meaning basement) and departmental stores.


Underground stores..

IMG_3078


IMG_3068

Their range of comestic products were amazing! so many choices..

IMG_3070


IMG_3072

IMG_3073

I went to Depachika at Isetan..another fun place, is a food paradise!

IMG_3079




IMG_3083

I went there about 7pm ++, if i not mistaken, departmental closed at 8pm, so you can see foods on sale..But take note that the promotion price is not what shown on sale tag, the price is amount to be deducted from original price..Example below bento, original price JPY 1575, discount JPY 500, so you need to pay JPY 1075..
IMG_3082

IMG_3081


IMG_3080



IMG_3087

IMG_3089

IMG_3090

IMG_3092

IMG_3085

 But we did not buy any foods from Depachika, because all foods there were cold, and we prefer hot dishes. So we went out from Kyoto station, and take dinner nearby..


IMG_2825

plastic foods display outside the restaurant, look so tempting!

IMG_2819

IMG_2818

IMG_2820

IMG_2821

IMG_2823

IMG_3093

Thinking to order set menu, but realized all those plastic food display outside is for Lunch set menu only..
Our 1st sashimi in Japan, they were really fresh, and realized those we taken here is nothing can be compare in Japan..love the Uni, so sweet and fresh..
IMG_3094

JPY 1000 (RM 40) for one set, price is reasonable..

IMG_3095

this is a cold dish, something like Tauki (beancurd skin)..not bad..
IMG_3096

My hubby sure order grilled Saba fish whenever he taking meal at Japanese restaurant, for me very "xian", hehehe..

IMG_3101

Grilled beef on a large leaf with fermented soybean paste (not sure what leaf is this)
IMG_3099

23 comments:

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

他们的产品和食物
本身就是艺术

Annie's Journal said...

I love reading your Japan travel post... truly enjoyable:)

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

I really admire the Japanese for the way they are able to package their food. It's so elegant and makes everything looks so good... I think if I went to Japan, I would put on lots of weight!!

Dumpling Love said...

Sounds so relaxing and interesting, Sonia. I love the depachika in Japan - it's so interesting walking them and seeing all the different kinds of products!

PH said...

I really like all the food on display! Feel like want to try all of them. Oh, your hubby also order Saba all the time kah? Same here :)

Li Shuan said...

As what 鲸鱼said, their food is an art. I really feel so reluctant to try to make my own sushi after trying the real sushi in Japan.
Everything is so precise and present beautifully.

mycookinghut said...

I love Japan! Looking at all the yummy food makes me want to go back!

Mel said...

I am speechless what to say here but I have enjoyed viewing every photos here!

Ana Regalado said...

They closed at 8 pm ?! Too early ?! .... Even those display look so appetizing and beautiful as well !

Unknown said...

That sashimi is so affordable to eat. I love that.

Rice Bowl Tales 有碗話碗 said...

It must be so relaxing to walk through the department store when it's nearing closing time, and to have an amazing dinner afterward!!

Bakericious said...

I cant wait to visit Japan especially after reading your posts but ve to wait for my son to grow bigger.

Yee Ling said...

So many to eat & buy. I have to start saving every single penny I am earning before going to Japan

Unknown said...

Sonia wanted to ask you about the basic plain sponge cake. Sould i reduce the sugar cos I intend to pread in bluberry jam as the cake filling.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Yoh, I think I saw some clothes that I'm interested to buy from the pictures that you shared with us, haha & no need to say muh for the food, llama look delicious

JD CREATIONS said...

Great blog post about the fake food displays and your experiences in Kyoto!

If you are ever looking for an online shop that sells [Made in Japan] fake food related items in English and ships all over the world, you may want to check out Fake Food Japan: http://fakefoodjapan.com/

yvonne said...

Oh Sonia, your food is killing me at this hour!!

I love Japanese food and I'll surely go crazy buying those discounted food in Depachika and leave them to rot in my hotel room! How come their presentation is so pretty and organized and perfect?

Okay, I was joking about leaving them to rot. I'll probably stuff myself gluttony until I cannot move eventually, hehehe~

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Choi Yen said...

I love saba too, *high 5 to Sonia's hubby :P*

JoanL said...

Your Japan posts inspire me to make a trip there. Thank you for the lovely pics.

Cosy Bake said...

I love shopping along underground shopping street, I will end up with big bags, small bags, and mostly food stuff!! can die!! hahah... thanks for sharing all the nice pictures.!!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Miss home and food! :) Thank you for sharing your Japan trip pictures. I really enjoy following your path in Japan!

lena said...

i also think the price of those bento sets on display are quite reasonable too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin