If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, September 14, 2012

Zespri Kiwifruit session at Bayan Indah KL


I was excited when i received an invitation to attend Zespri kiwifruit special session for bloggers and media . This is not my 1st time heard of Zespri brand. I read an article in a Chinese Newspaper last time and my hubby also mentioned about Zespri system to me earlier, I was amazed by How Zespri system works! Owned by more than 2,700 current and past passionate growers in New Zealand (that means every grower is the tauke (boss), Zespri is dedicated to providing the best tasting premium quality kiwifruit as well as investment behind innovation, especially in new varieties and effective growring techniques. The unique Zespri system ensures consistency in quality, traceability, food safety and ethical and sustainable business practices. There are two types of Zespri Kiwifruit, Zespri Green ( fuzzy and ovel-shaped) and Zespri Gold ( smooth and oval with a pointed crown).


This Zespri Kiwifruit session was held at the Bayan Indah KL this morning with a cooking Zespri kiwifruit workshop by the celebrity chef Rohani Jelani..

IMG_7553

Signing our attendance and everyone got a nice goodie bag..

IMG_7567

Beautiful scenery at Bayan Indah KL
IMG_7571

We were served with this energy Zespri kiwifruit drink- tropical smoothie..so refreshing!
IMG_7558

Welcome note and introductory by Ms Judy Lee ( Marketing Manager for Zespri in SEA) and and dietician's talk on the goodness of Zespri kiwifruit by Ms Ng Yee Voon.
Zespri presentation


IMG_7582


We were heading to the kitchen to attend Zespri kiwifruit workshop by chef Rohani and also hands on session.
IMG_7597


Again we were served with these yummy kiwifruit cupcakes..

IMG_7602


A fun and sexy moment of pole dance conducted by Ms Nana .


See Quay Po working on her pole dance, hehehe....

IMG_7618

Chef Rohani shared with us few techniques of cutting Zespri kiwifruit and other vegetables..
zespri cutting fruits

I just realized that just one serving (150g) of Zespri kiwifruit has over 150% recommended daily intake (RDI) of Vitamin C- that's an amazing twice as much as a 100g orange has !

IMG_7649

Next, we entered into kitchen to have hands on session. I like to see all these Chinese old fashioned kitchewares placed on top of kitchen cabinets..
IMG_7658

I especially love these sets. If you have seen these, can you tell me where to get these.

Our workstations which surrounded by trees, plants and herbs..A nice place to cook!
IMG_7666

IMG_7662

First we prepared Zespri kiwifruit platter, see how happily Missblurkit and  Quay Po shown their cut kiwifruit..
zespri Veron

IMG_7672

Cooking lesson starts..
Zespri preparation

Quay Po and I responsible to cook Nyon-style Asam Fish with Zespri Kiwifruit wedges, recipe provided by chef Rohani..will share the recipe once i cook this asam fish again at home soon..It was yummy!

Zespri assam fish

Quay Po in action..

IMG_7686

All were busy cooking ..
IMG_7714

IMG_7689

The Sweet Spot responsible to prepare this Zespri kiwifruit, glass noodle and chicken salad..Another yummy treat!
IMG_7740

And Missblurkit prepared Zespri kiwifruit jam
IMG_7736


These were three foods that prepared by us, Quay Po, The Sweet Spot, Missblurkit and I.
All were tasted fabulous! Now i just realized that Zespri kiwifruit can be used in so many way of cooking...

Zespri foods

Chef Rohani shown us an example of assembling baked pastry with Zespri Kiwifruit jam..

Zespri dessert


See bloggers and media peoples in action...

IMG_7779


We were served lunch with the foods that we cooked plus two extra dishes prepared by the kitchen of Bayan Indah..

Zespri foods serve


IMG_7790



A tip from chef Rohani, to ripen Zespri kiwifruit just place them next to apples.

IMG_7804

I would like to giveaway these special Zespri key chains and Zespri bookmarks, let me know if you are interested (for Malaysian only). 5 sets to be given away ( key chains and bookmarks), first come first serve.

IMG_7805

group photo..




Zespri also has a special contest (only for Malaysian) from 14 Sept - 30 Sept 2012, Zespri @ Kiwifruit Recipe Challenge, create the most creative recipe using Zespri Kiwifruit as the main ingredient and submit it by 24 September 2012. Top 5 recipes will receive Zespri premiums worth more than RM 100.
* winners will be announced on 30 September 2012.
* All entries will be judged by well know Celebrity Chef, Rohani Jelani.
* Send in the recipe with step by step instruction and pictuers of ingredients and the final product.
For inquiries kindly email hazel@world.com.my or adrian@world.com.my.

Here are top-10 reasons to eat kiwifruit:-
1. They are so delicious
2. Bursting with vitaminc C
3. Encourages a healthy bowel habit: prevent constipation
4. Chock full of antioxidants
5. Good for digestion
6. A good dose of potassium
7. Source of folic acid
8. Low in calories!
9. Low glycemic index
10. 100% natural

For more information on Zespri kiwifruit, please visit www.zespri.com

47 comments:

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

想不到KIWI可以做那么多种类的料理
赞:)

Cristina Emilia Stefan said...

Wow love your post and the kiwis too... :) Amazing recipes!
Thank you for sharing!
How much the Zespri key chains ?

Rice Bowl Tales 有碗話碗 said...

That was an eye opening experience- the pole dancing - haha kidding!! Didn't realize kiwi can be used in so many way of cooking, all looking very healthy too, so we can all do pole-dance afterwards right ?! ;p

Ana Regalado said...

I love Zespri's kiwi ! Lovely and yummy post , Sonia ! Quay Po's getting better in pole dancing , isn't she ?! lol

Joceline Lor said...

哇!真福气,有机会参与。我被那个kiwi curry电到了。 :)
朋友,下次轮到你下厨咯。

tinyskillet said...

I would love to join in on something like that....and the pole dance hahaha! I have not seen gold kiwis before. Everything looks delicious! A great post to take us along with you...it looks like you are cooking outside.

Tracy Low said...

看到很多很赞的食物哦!真相不到Kiwi可以煮那么多食物。

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Wow, so many great ideas for how to use kiwis! Will try some of them, especially the savory dishes!

Artsylicious said...

Wow! how nice to cook in that environment and along with the other cooks!! Thanks for sharing! I love the asam fish!!! yummmm

Min said...

Great post on Zespri kiwi.
Am interested with the keychain, how much?

ping said...

This looks like so much fun! Wish I could have made it tho but Fridays happen to be my busiest days ... boo! I'm hoping they'll invite me again :)
I love that pic of Quay Po doing the pole dance. I must go and kacau her about it! Hahahahaha!!!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

I have been eating kiwi almost everyday! I learnt about its healthful benefits for a long long time now, and so I try to eat it more. Too bad this is for Malaysian only, I'll just come look see look see, haha....

Baby Sumo said...

Looks like a really fun class. :)

QembarDelites said...

Never thought of cooking kiwi in curry! Always eat them as they are or on top of desserts! mmmm...waiting for your kiwi recipes:D

doreenloo said...

we love the golden kiwi... my son can eat four at one time, will continue eating if i don't stop him:)

Li Shuan said...

Actually I never use kiwi in my cooking before. Seems like kiwi is a good ingredient in lots of dishes. I like the Chinese trays and carriers very much. Thanks for sharing this interesting post. Have a nice weekend

sabrina 莎莎 said...

wow~~ Sonia~~
那是很开心难忘的一天呢~~~
我家孩子很喜欢吃kiwi...
so..时常都会囤放这牌子的kiwi呢~~~
=)

Mel said...

I loves Kiwi fruits so much! I remember I eat Kiwi almost everyday when I stayed in NZ until I scared of it!! Now I am craving for it so much....so expensive here!! I never knew we can use Kiwi to cook spicy food! Mmmm....delicious!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Aishah and Min, they are free to giveaway, drop me an email and tell me your house address, i will send it over to you.

missyblurkit said...

I had tonnes of fun during the class and definitely picked up good valuable tips! Glad to have met you finally in person:D

Now to cook with some of the kiwis I brought home:D

PH said...

Wah, there are so many things we can cook with Kiwi fruit. I especially like the salad. I prefer the green kiwi as I find the yellow one too sweet. Quay Po looks so funny (sorry, Quay Po!) I actually laugh out loudly to myself wahahahaha!!!!!

Cristina Emilia Stefan said...

:) Great! Thank you.
Sent you mail!

Unknown said...

Nice and yummy. I would like to have the assam fish with kiwi fruit recipe...can?

Great event right - full of vitamin C.

Hmm, feel like baking a kiwi cake.

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I love kiwis! This looks like a fun event especially if you get to go with a close friend! :-). I have tried pole dancing before (as a part of bachelorrete party) and its such a hard work to lift my self up. My body was in pain next day and I didn't even make a nice twirl... Lol. I want to try the food with kiwis - looks yummy!

Alice said...

look such a fun activity, Sonia
I love kiwi, both green and yellow
so excited to know they can be used in many cookings and bakings :)

Quay Po Cooks said...

hahaha, Sonia, thanks for posting my attempt to be the pole dancer! But you chose the wrong photo. How come you did not post the one that I am swinging arouns the pole with my body upside down ha? Just kidding! Everybody was too shy to try so I might as well break the ice. See, after I go up and try, they rest follow, hehe. I had so much fun Sonia and it is always a pleasure to cook and bake with you. Thanks so much for the thoughtful gifts and the next time I see you, I must remember to bring the gifts I bought for you from USA.

Phong Hong, I don't blame you laughing out loud. I laugh me head off too when I see that photo. Luckily, Sonia did not catch the moment when I almost hit my bump on the floor! LOL!

Annie's Journal said...

Normally you need a pole to grow the kiwi on, just like the grapevines...Was that the reason why they also include pole dancing in the session? You certainly had fun time with all the ladies...nice:)

Dumpling Love said...

I love kiwifruit, and I had the chance to taste the Zespri ones when I was in SG. They're so good! The ones in Perth aren't as yummy =( After reading about Zespri kiwifruits from your post, and SG bloggers, I've realised just how versatile they can be..I usually only just eat them as fruit but never thought of cooking with them other than desserts.

an15 said...

I'm interested in that keychain & bookmark. hmmm...kiwifruit, yummy...

Shu Han said...

wow I always just ate my kiwi raw. Never did anything more exciting with them, but I will now!

Anonymous said...

Kiwi used to be one of my favourite fruits for the high vit C source but it has quite high GI (not low )! Anyway, wish I could attend the cooking class too, a well organised interesting event.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Aww..I love the bookmark! Too bad for Malaysian only. Wait, wait, I'm a Malaysian, just living in US, can or not?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

LCOM, ok, since you love the bookmark so much, drop me an email and tell me your address, I will post it to you.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

an15, let me know your address, i can send some for you.

Simple Person said...

why u didn't try the pole dance?

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, so far I only care to eat, not paying much attention about this "zespri's system." Next time, I must go to read the label carefully. Goldren kiwi fruits are very expensive, we normally get the green kiwis. Even my mother knows that the golden kiwi fruits taste better, hahaha!

The camera lady is very pretty, hehehe!

Sharon @ Feats of Feasts said...

Wahahaha! Go Veron!! You look like you hanging on to dear life! :)

Quay Po Cooks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quay Po Cooks said...

Sharon, don't laugh, that shot was after I swung around the pole in mid air and slowly slide down. Don't play play. Believe it or not? Sonia did not shoot fast enough, right or not, Sonia? muahahaha

lena said...

nice tip of placing the kiwi next to apples, i shall remember that! hahaha! that photo..looks like a duck from behind! sorry..sorry..!!

Choi Yen said...

I prefer gold kiwi, sweeter :)

Babe_KL said...

Hi Sonia, glad to have finally meet you in person and for Hazel to pick you to be invited from my list of bloggers that I've given her ;-)

Happy to hear you've enjoyed the session!

Shannon @ JustAsDelish said...

Came over from QPC to see her pole dancing stunt.. hehe. what a fun event. My grandma & mama have some chinese old fashioned trays that I don't see them using anymore. If you don't mind them being old & slightly 'karat', i can ask them for you next time I go back hometown

Suhaina said...

wow...hope u girls had a wonderful time..i too love Zespri very much. the golden ones is my fav.

Yee Ling said...

Sonia..thanks for extending this invitation to me earlier. Unfortunately have to give a pass else I ll get to meet you¸ Quay Po & Evelyn!

ykristen said...

Never knew could cook with kiwi, will try the recipes. My kids would definitely love the kiwis giveaway to school.

Cristina Emilia Stefan said...

Sonia, thank you for the key chains and bookmarks, today received! :)


Blog Widget by LinkWithin