The other day i bought a small pot of sweet basil and rosemary plants from Sungai Buloh nursery. The sweet basil still looking good but rosemary already half die..so sad..I prepared this easy and yummy pasta for a lunch the other day, love the nice aroma from sweet basil when toss together with this pasta.
I like to using fresh tomato to cook pasta nowadays, taste better than those ready pasta sauce from supermarket..slightly sour taste from tomato and nice aroma from sweet basil leaves, they just made this pasta tasted so refreshing !!
Chicken and Tomato Pasta 番茄鸡肉意粉
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
300g chicken breast, cubed
3 large tomatoes, cubed
8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
A handful of sweet basil leaves, chopped
1. In a pot with boiling water, add 1tbsp sea salt and 3tbsp olive oil and cook spaghetti until al-dente. Drain and put cooked spaghetti in individual serving plate, set aside.
2. You may cook one serving at a time (taste better!) or cook all in one time. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add in garlic slices and sauté till aroma.
3. Add in chicken meat, stir fry till color changed.
4. Add in tomatoes and mix well. Pour in cooked spaghetti water and cook till tomatoes turned soft, adjust the taste accordingly.
5. Top spaghetti with cooked chicken and tomatoes with the gravy, garnish with chopped sweet basil leaves, Enjoy!!