I bought a box of fresh cherries this morning from a wet market and thinking to bring back to hometown for my mother to enjoy it. Since i also planning to bake a butter cake which is my mother favourite's cake, so i also add some cherry on it..
A box of fresh cherries that i bought, but not taste as crunchy as i expected..
I made into mini size, so handy to eat..
Do you like how i pack them?
Mini Cherry Cakes
(recipe source: adapted from Table for Two or More, with minor changes)
*makes 24 mini cakes
125 caster sugar
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1tsp lemon zest
2 medium eggs or 100g eggs
150g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
12 fresh cherries, cut into half
1. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg and beat till combine.
3. Add in vanilla extract and lemon zest, mix well.
4. Sift flour with baking powder and fold into beaten butter.
5. Spoon batter into a prepared 24 mini muffin pan and arrange halved cherry on top.
6. Bake at preheated oven at 170C (fan forced) for 20mins or until golden brown.
Wishing all a Blessed Chritsmas and Happy Holidays..drive safely when you go back hometown..