We took a very nice Ikan Masak 3 Rasa ( means fish cooked with 3 difference tastes, sweet, sour and spicy) in a Thai Malay restaurant during our recent trip to Kelantan. All dishes served in this restaurant were very yummy. I will try to imitate those dishes we ordered one by one, first comes with this Ikan Masak 3 Rasa, hope you will like it.
For me, this is not spicy at all even though two types of chili sauce being added, more to sweet side instead..Anyway, kids love the gravy very much!!
Ikan Masak 3 Rasa (Thai Malay Sweet, Sour & Spicy Fish) 泰式三味鱼(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
1 large fish, make 3 slits on the fish body for both sides
1 tomota, chopped finely1 onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
100g Thai sweet chili sauce1 cup water
1/2tsp salt or to taste
1tsp fish sauce
1 & 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
1/2tbsp chili sauce
1tbsp chopped corianders
- Mix Thai sweet chili sauce, water, vinegar and chili sauce in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Deep fry the fish till golden brown and crispy.
- Heat 3tbsp oil in a wok, sauté chopped onion and garlic till aroma.
- Add in chopped tomato, mix well.
- Add in the chili water mixture (no1), season with salt and fish sauce. Boil till thicken.
- Last add in chopped coriander, pour the gravy on top of the deep fried fish.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.