If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ikan Masak 3 Rasa (Thai Malay Sweet, Sour & Spicy Fish) 泰式三味鱼

Finally I am able to share with you this Ikan Masak 3 Rasa (Thai Malay Sweet & Sour Fish). I could not take clearer picture when the first time I cooked this fish dish as sky already turned dark. Today I try to cook earlier so I can take a clearer picture. But feel sorry to my family who has to eat this dish cold by the time they take dinner ...
We took a very nice Ikan Masak 3 Rasa ( means fish cooked with 3 difference tastes, sweet, sour and spicy) in a Thai Malay restaurant during our recent trip to Kelantan. All dishes served in this restaurant were very yummy. I will try to imitate those dishes we ordered one by one, first comes with this Ikan Masak 3 Rasa, hope you will like it.


IMG_6507 copy


IMG_6504 copy


IMG_6511 copy

For me, this is not spicy at all even though two types of chili sauce being added, more to sweet side instead..Anyway, kids love the gravy very much!!

IMG_6535




Ikan Masak 3 Rasa (Thai Malay Sweet, Sour & Spicy Fish) 泰式三味鱼
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)


1 large fish, make 3 slits on the fish body for both sides

IMG_6500 copy

1 tomota, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely


100g Thai sweet chili sauce
1 cup water
1/2tsp salt or to taste
1tsp fish sauce
1 & 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
1/2tbsp chili sauce
1tbsp chopped corianders


Method


  1. Mix Thai sweet chili sauce, water, vinegar and chili sauce in a mixing bowl, set aside.
  2. Deep fry the fish till golden brown and crispy.
  3. Heat 3tbsp oil in a wok, sauté chopped onion and garlic till aroma.
  4. Add in chopped tomato, mix well.
  5. Add in the chili water mixture (no1), season with salt and fish sauce. Boil till thicken.
  6. Last add in chopped coriander, pour the gravy on top of the deep fried fish.
  7. Serve hot with steamed white rice.

32 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Loves the gravy...

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

I tell you huh this type of dish even the sauce itself can go with a big bowl of rice hoh? Sweet sour & spicy, what a great combination of flavour!

Ana Regalado said...

Yey , just in time for dinner lol What kind of fish did you use ? Yellow croacker ? It looks mouth watering !

Queenie said...

ini antara favorite anak2 akak number one! sometimes akak guna ikan kembung pun boleh jadi! hehhehe

thanks for sharing dear...

Jozelyn Ng said...

I think this sauce is suitable also for prawns. Thanks for sharing :)

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

我捧着nasi lemak 来了, 有你的泰式鱼这碟nasi 显得特别好吃!

mui mui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mui mui said...

Chi,
By the looks of this dish it already win my heart ..:D
Sweet, sour and a bit of spicy..loving it!
mui

Cat Chee said...

Yummy~

蚊子 said...

I'm salivaring now~ hahaha!! yummy!

divya said...

looks fabulous!

Lori said...

What a beautiful dish! Every part of it sounds delicious. I really need to get more adventurous working with whole fish.

Artsylicious said...

Sonia, wow, this is yummy...i love it! thanks for sharing!

Bakericious said...

Sonia, I am salivating by looking at the gravy, I love sweet and sour :D

Jan said...

Hi Sonia, I really love your blog and has since I found it I visit almost everyday to enjoy both your cooking and shooting. You are so talented and so creative in both. Me too love cooking and shooting and hopefully you can share some your shooting tricks here besides cooking. Do you mind to let me know what camera and lens you are using for your shooting? Or how to get your main focus and the background blur so nicely? Cheers

Mel said...

Aduiiiii.......bukan main sedap nampak nya!! If only I can have this now ..... spice up my body.

The Sudden Cook said...

I've heard alot about the Thai food in Kelantan - this fish dish looks very yummy

Li Shuan said...

Deep fried whole fish with Thai chilli sauce is so yummy.. Kesian ur family have to wait for u to take photos first haha.. Me too.. Sometimes after taking already cold especially during winter time. Dishes get cold very quick.

PH said...

Wah the sauce looks good! I will scoop and put on my rice :)

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

Yummy! This dish make me salivating! Love deep fried fish with thai chilli sauce!

Mich Piece of Cake said...

So mouth watering! Love the thai chill sauce on this fish.

zila norazila said...

my fav dish sonia..yummy..

Joanne T Ferguson said...

G'day! I have never made a whole fish dish before, TRUE!
Your photo and recipe now makes me want to do!
Cheers!

Joceline Lor said...

这是一道很美味 开胃的一道菜肴。赞!

lena said...

sweet and sour makes such an appetising dish!

Baby Sumo said...

10 DAYS no asian food, this looks soooo appealing right now. Would love to tuck in with a big bowl of rice.

Esther Lau said...

Hurray!!!Finally, I got this 3 rasa recipe...I have looking it for so long, thank you very much Sonia sifu :) My hubby will shout hurray with me too because this our favourite dish :)

ann low said...

Thanks for sharing this yummilicious recipe! Looks sooo good with extra rice :D

Shu Han said...

so so so delicious! actually i think with malaysian cooking, it's often got the 3 flavours anyway right haha sweet, sour and spicy. well at least most of my favourite dishes are ;)

Small Kucing said...

i wonder if i can use Patin for this.....have two patin in the fridge

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Jan, my camera is Canon EOS 650D, and the lens that I use to take food photo is f1.8 50mm, this lens you can nice blur background, hope this helps.

Cosy Bake said...

oh my!! I sure love to have this!!! slurp slurp!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin