It is easy for me to get fresh clams than fresh crabs in the wet market near my place. This lady selling fresh clams mainly sell the clams to restaurants. Sometime when I was late and no more clams, after I strong persuade her (amazing my bargain skill) , she will take the clams from the bag (reserved for those restaurants) and release some for me, hehehe..
Even though I couldn't imitate the real taste of the gnocchi that we have tasted, but my version also tasted not bad ..
Gnocchi with Clams and Asparagus(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
100g asparagus, only use the green part, cubed
Chicken stock or water
Salt to taste
Parmesan cheese powder, to taste
Method (Cook for one person at a time)
- Prepare a pot of boiling water.
- Heat butter and olive oil, sauté garlic slices.
- Add in generous amount of clams (for one person) and asparagus, add in chicken stock, cover to cook.
- Once clams are almost done, blanch gnocchi in hot boiling water. Once gnocchi float on top (take less than 1min), remove and add into clams.
- Add in the seasonings salt,chicken stock powder and parmesan cheese powder, mix well, dish out.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and parsley flakes, serve hot.