If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, June 28, 2013

Gnocchi with Clams and Asparagus 義式蛤蜊芦笋麵疙瘩

After I success made the Gnocchi, I quickly use it to cook this Gnocchi with clams and asparagus. We tasted a similar pasta in a restaurant in Roma Italy near the hotel we stayed. We even went back the 2nd times and order the same gnocchi pasta.
It is easy for me to get fresh clams than fresh crabs in the wet market near my place. This lady selling fresh clams mainly sell the clams to restaurants. Sometime when I was late and no more clams, after I strong persuade her (amazing my bargain skill) , she will take the clams from the bag (reserved for those restaurants) and release some for me, hehehe..


IMG_6609 copy

 
Homemade gnocchi 
IMG_6577 copy


gnocci.jpg

 
Even though I couldn't imitate the real taste of the gnocchi that we have tasted, but my version also tasted not bad ..
IMG_6592 copy



Gnocchi with Clams and Asparagus
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

1.5kg clams
IMG_6589 copy 100g asparagus, only use the green part, cubed

Butter
Olive oil
Garlic, slices
Chicken stock or water
Salt to taste
Parmesan cheese powder, to taste
Black pepper
Parsley flakes

 Method (Cook for one person at a time)

  1. Prepare a pot of boiling water.
  2. Heat butter and olive oil, sauté garlic slices.
  3. Add in generous amount of clams (for one person) and asparagus, add in chicken stock, cover to cook.
  4. Once clams are almost done, blanch gnocchi in hot boiling water. Once gnocchi float on top (take less than 1min), remove and add into clams.
  5. Add in the seasonings salt,chicken stock powder and parmesan cheese powder, mix well, dish out.
  6. Sprinkle with black pepper and parsley flakes, serve hot.

30 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Lunch time coming, looking at it makes me hungry..

Mel said...

Mmmmm......yum! These looks aboslutely delicious.

Angie's Recipes said...

So appetizing and delicious!

Jozelyn Ng said...

One bowl for me, is lunch time now, so yummy!

ann low said...

Sonia, you're amazing! Can make so many types of good food at home :)

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

看这卖相就知道好吃了, 你的厨艺真是一流也!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

你家的好料永远吃不完啊:)
我要你家的碟子啊~~~
美丽

PH said...

Looks good leh! Wish I can have some too :)

Unknown said...

Sonia,this is so good, and your bargain skill, ha... ha...

Nadji said...

Une recette originale et qui me semble des plus délicieuses.
See soon

Queenie said...

nampak so sedap...tapi macam susah nak buat....

Little Corner of Mine said...

Wow looks good and I applaud you to even made your own Gnocchi!

Gloria Baker said...

look yumm Sonia!!

Amy Cheong, Desirablerecipes said...

Clam is our family favourite dish. Looks delicious. How I wish I am there to eat those clams.

Ana Regalado said...

Wish I have a smidgen of your amazing bargain skill lol Love that gnocchi with clams ! It sure looks scrumptious :)

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

I'm a big fan of clams, can't resist this dish!

Esther Lau said...

Beautiful shots!!!! Mouth watering dish, definitely worth a taste :)

Li Shuan said...

That day i went to the italian restaurant near my place, the lady boss also ask me to try out their clam spaghetti..that was really sweet, juicy and nice...

Now look at your delicious clams and asparagus gnocchi, makes me so hungry and thick of the my fav clams ...yummy

Lite Home Bake said...

Delicious, generous serving of clams! The pastas in Rome are just unforgettable, aren't they? I hope coin thrown into Trevi Fountain can work its magic :))

Baby Sumo said...

I love all the pastas and pizzas u can get in Italy. So good when u can find the nice ones.

CQUEK said...

i would happily have a rock in my stomach to enjoy these beauties!

lena said...

it must be your charm that manage the lady to dig out the reserved clams! your pasta dish would b a nice lunch for me!

Joceline Lor said...

哇!好美味的海鲜意粉。啦啦,我喜欢的。

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Wow you sure have good persuasion skills to get that bag of clams to make this delicious pasta.

MiChi said...

look nice! Maybe I should start trying to cook western meal...

Chef and Sommelier said...

Hi A-Chi! I'm back!

I could tell that the recent Italy trip has a great influence on your cooking lately! And I mean it in a good way!

Merry Tummy said...

what a beautiful dish, pass on some to me :) Nice clicks :)
www.merrytummy.blogspot.com

Sissi said...

Home-made gnocchi again! These look amazing too. Especially with clams.

obat asam urat jelly gamat said...



Mmmmm......yum! These looks aboslutely delicious. :)

cara pesan obat jelly gamat said...



what a beautiful dish, pass on some to me :) Nice clicks :)
www.merrytummy.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin