This dish is simple, just consists of cubes of tofu and ground beef or pork, in a spicy chili bean sauce . This time I used the spicy chili bean sauce 辣豆瓣醬 that given by my sister who brought back from Taiwan trip. But this bean sauce is not spicy at all and the taste not that good, still prefer to cook with chili paste with normal soy bean sauce.
Mapo Tofu (Spicy Chili Tofu with minced meat) 麻婆豆腐(recipe source: refer to a cookbook title traditional Chinese home cook dishes, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
2pcs soft tofu, cut into cubes, set aside and remove water1 sprig spring onion, separate white and green part, chopped
100g minced pork (with some fat), marinate with:-1/2tsp light soy sauce
1/4tsp sesame oil
1tsp tapioca starch or corn starch
2tsp spicy chili soy bean sauce 辣豆瓣醬1/2tsp light soy sauce
1/2tsp salt or to taste
1/2tsp sugar or to taste
4tbsp cooking oilWater or stock
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté minced pork for a while.
- Add in chili soy bean paste, stir to mix well.
- Add in water, bring to boil.
- Once water is boiled, add in tofu and chopped spring onion (white part), cook for 5mins or until gravy turn slightly thick.
- Seasoning with light soy sauce, salt and sugar.
- Add in green part of spring onion, dish out and serve hot.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake at this post.