If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, October 4, 2013

Mercato Centrale 中央菜市場, Firenze / Florence Italy 2013 佛羅倫斯 意大利自由行


 
I like to walk through pasar "market " whenever I visit a country, a best place to get the fresh local ingredients. Mercato Centrale is a old market since 1874..



 Ya, almost forgot, the hotel Florence Old Bridge where we stayed at Firenze also has nice panorama view of Firenze city at the breakfast area..

IMG_4401
 
 
IMG_4405


IMG_4410

 
But the breakfast area is not located at the hotel but we have to walk to opposite hotel La Scaletta (i guess they are under the same management " to have the breakfast and panorama view..
IMG_4415

 
This is Florence Old Bridge hotel where we stayed, actually is a apartment but not hotel building..Anyway, the hotel rate is good, and it is also close to all attractions and train station..
IMG_4416

 
After check out from the hotel, we stop by Mercato Centrale market before proceed to train station..
IMG_4535

 
Before I reached to market, I spot this rosemary plants, and realized that they have very nice purple flowers..i must plant rosemary again...
IMG_4527


Inside the market, and realized that their market is so clean and neat arrangement..
IMG_4536


IMG_4537

 
ready cooked pasta for busy mommy..
IMG_4539


IMG_4540


IMG_4541

 
I bought some dried porcini mushroom
IMG_4546


IMG_4550


IMG_4551

 
Caviar, anyone?
IMG_4552

 
"No self Service please ", LOL..
IMG_4553

 
Anyway, this shop owner keep giving me to try the above samples, ^_^
The shop owner (from left) said he has been to Malaysia before, so he gave me discounted price for my purchase, hehehe..So next time if you visit this store, remember to quote that you come from Malaysia..

IMG_4554


IMG_4555

 
I realized that white truffle has better quality than black truffle. I managed to buy a small ball of white truffle and cost me about RM 200, very expensive..
IMG_4556

 
dried and pickled 
IMG_4561

 
It is cheap to buy pasta here than Roma
IMG_4562

 
I also bought two packets of these dried herbs where I can top on pizza..
IMG_4564
 
 
I also bought some Italian salt that flavoured with truffle, have yet to use it, my idea to use it to roast pork, sound good ?

IMG_4565


IMG_4566


IMG_4568


IMG_4569


IMG_4570


IMG_4571

 
I also bought some Salame
IMG_4572


IMG_4573

 
I learnt that this stall selling nice bun with cow's stomach, called Panini Lampredotto 牛肚包 !
 

IMG_4542


IMG_4544

 
The long hours braised cow's stomach top with a green salsa and another hot pepper and sandwich with buns..I found a recipe here, not sure i am able to try out one day..
IMG_4579

 
I don't know how to speak cow's stomach in Italian (they also selling meat bun), so I just pointed to my stomach, LOL..
IMG_4580

 
I just bought one to try, but my husband and I have to fight for this bun, because it was very yummy..There was no strong smell from the cow's stomach, it was quite similar like our pepper Pig Stomach soup..
IMG_4582

 
Outside the market, you can find vendors selling leather products, souvenir & etc 
IMG_4583


IMG_4586


IMG_4587

 
If you want to buy souvenir, come to this market, as I found here has cheaper price than anywhere else..
IMG_4589


IMG_4591

 
This is the market's building..

After visited this market, I took this Eurostar to go back to Roma / Rome, and leave this beautiful city Firenze / Florence. Make sure you to include Firenze if you visit Italy one day..
IMG_4597



14 comments:

victoria bakes said...

really enjoying all your travel posts.... keep it coming!

victoria bakes said...

really enjoying all your travel posts.... keep it coming!

Baby Sumo said...

Oooo you bought white truffle? What did u use it for? Looks like a nice place to get lots of local delicacies.

PH said...

Sonia, I like the market! If I jalan-jalan there one day also tak puas hati. Wah...I like the sandwich lah hee..hee...

Small Kucing said...

Schedule post? You have gone vacation?

Lovely market. Wish our side here can do the same

Let's Go!!! said...

your photos are beautiful....I felt like I was in Florence again :) err....the purple flowers look like lavender ??

Unknown said...

Sonia 我太喜欢这里了
从头到尾,我都很喜欢!
每个国家本身的市集,都反映了最淳朴最丰盛的美食面貌。能够买到自己喜欢的烹饪料理实在很过瘾。

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

很丰富的人文画面哟
看起来就很写意

Chef and Sommelier said...

Chi... I have booked my air tickets to Italy next June! Excited now... :D

Li Shuan said...

Beautiful pictures, I'm sure you will like the truffles salt.
Like Like!

Lisa Ho said...

Wah cantik semua photos :D

Esther Lau said...

I like the pasar too, best place to shop!!!! :)

女飞侠 said...

wow~ nice pasar~ ^^

Ana Regalado said...

That place is food bloggers idea of heaven lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin