If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Campo de' Fiori market 菜市場, Rome Italy 2013 羅馬意大利自由行


On the last day at Roma / Rome, since we still have time in the morning, we visit another market - Campo de Fiori . I remembered Terri mentioned about this market in her Italy travel post but she missed to make a trip here. So I went there on behalf of her ^_^. Anyway, this market is smaller than Mercato Centrale at Firenze/Florence, and it is located at a open space


IMG_4676

 
This market remind me of our pasar pagi (morning market) here, they are selling almost the same things from vegetables, fruits, kitchenware, flowers, shirts, meat and etc..
IMG_4678


IMG_4683


IMG_4685


IMG_4689


IMG_4693


IMG_4695


IMG_4697


IMG_4701


IMG_4702


IMG_4703


IMG_4707

 
I bought a cheese knife from here..
IMG_4711


IMG_4713


IMG_4714


IMG_4723


 
I also bought some dry tomatoes but from Mercato Centrale  ..and I found price here is slightly expensive if compare to Mercato Centrale Florence and here also less varieties..
IMG_4727


IMG_4735


IMG_4745


IMG_4750


IMG_4754


 
Zucchini's flower, beautiful ! I wonder how they cook with it..
IMG_4756


 
I guess this is tomato, very special shape..
IMG_4759


IMG_4762


IMG_4765


IMG_4774


 
Metal Olive Oil tin
IMG_4780


 
Beautiful Tunisia's plates, wish I could bring more back home..
IMG_4789

 
brought back one of this..
IMG_4791


 
Tajine, this is heavy otherwise I will carry one back home..
IMG_4802


IMG_4786


6 comments:

terri said...

You went on my behalf; good! love your posts on your italian trip--makes me so homesick for italy!
please tell me you ate prosciutto cotto on my behalf, pls.

Ana Regalado said...

Wish I was there ! I'm drooling over those cheeses , the fresh fruits , okay everything ! ;D

My Little Space said...

Gosh, how I wish to carry home all of those stuffs! >o<
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Hello,
May i know how many days u stay n which month u go n about how much u spend per person there? i plan to go next year n will follow your schedule, thank you very much.

BoBo

Shelly said...

The tomatoes with ribs are kind of an old-fashioned kind, that are supposed to be very tasty. The Italians say, "Brutto ma buono!" Than means ugly, but good! I wish we had that idea in the US. Here, everything looks gorgeous, but tastes like cardboard.

Shelly said...

The zucchini flower is left on for sale to show how fresh the zucchini is, and just because they look amazing. They're usually sold this way in Italy. I guess most of the flowers are just trimmed off and not used. It is common to see http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/fried-zucchini-blossoms-366402 on menus, though. I also see them often as a pizza topping (sauteed, I think).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin