If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Chinese Spareribs with shallots 紅葱烤排

When I flipping through a new cookbook that I bought recently, the chopped shallots sprinkle on top a braised spareribs photo was attracted me. I have no regret to try out this recipe, it was very flavourful with melted shallots (braised with a lot of shallots) mix with the soy sauce mixture, juicy , tender, and we especially love the chopped shallots on top, it gave extra spiciness and aroma to the ribs, yum yum !


sr2 copy

 
With few ingredients but resulted great taste, this recipe definitely a keeper !
sr10.jpg


sr copy

My son Lucas even stuffed the cooked meat with sandwich, and he said it was heavenly delicious ^_^

Chinese Spareribs with shallots 紅葱烤排
(recipe source: reference made to cookbook titled 60 Chinese home cooked dishes, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

sr1 copy
900g prime pork spareribs
1/3cup light soy sauce
1tbsp Chinese cooking rice wine

2pcs star anise
10-15 shallots (depend on the size), removed skin and lightly crushed
3 slices ginger
2 cup water
3tbsp cooking oil
1/2tsp salt or to taste
1tsp dark soy sauce or dark caramel soy sauce
1/2tbsp rock sugar or to taste

Some chopped shallots for garnishing

Method

  1. Wash and clean pork spareribs, pat dry with kitchen towels. Marinate with light soy sauce and cooking wine for several hours in the fridge.
  2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pot, add in shallots and sauté till brown and aroma. Add in pork spareribs, lightly fry till both sides turned golden brown.
  3. Add water, light soy sauce (from marinated sauce), dark soy sauce, ginger and star anise into the pot, boil over high heat. Once boiled, reduce to low heat, continue to braise for about 1hr ( check from time to time and stir the ribs ).
  4. Once the meat is fork tendered, add in the rock sugar and adjust the taste by adding salt or more rock sugar.
  5. Turn on to high heat to thicken the sauce if any, otherwise dish out and garnish with chopped shallots, serve with rice, sandwich or noodles.


This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake at this post.

26 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

This is so tempting...

Joceline Lor said...

很美味的酱汁吧!可以让孩子们加饭。

victoria bakes said...

oh wow! i love the idea of this with sandwich! i'd absolutely do the same!!

Lite Home Bake said...

Coincidence, i made japanese style braised spare ribs, yours look delicious too, wanna exchange some? ;)

ann low said...

Your spareribs look so mouth watering... bookmarked! :D

Unknown said...

My family going to love this especially my hubby. He will happy having this big portion of ribs with some vege on side. Thanks for sharing!

Mel said...

Ah....this I really must try this out. Your pic already proven the verdict....delicious.

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

这道菜香到penang来了,一定很好吃!

Unknown said...

这道菜我家宝贝一定喜欢,先把食谱带回家了,谢谢~

Unknown said...

I also love the melted shallots on top! This looks really delicious.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Yum yum! Love this dish, full of flavour! Can go with a big bowl of rice & a bottle of beer for my hubby, haha!

Veronica said...

An irresistible dish!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

偷走食谱了:)

Baby Sumo said...

Looks good, I am also attracted by it :)

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

虽然我不吃猪肉, 但我知道这道扒一定很好吃!

mui mui said...

Wow!! Ah Chi this is finger licking good ribs,. Love the melted shallots too. Thanks for sharing :)
mui

hanushi said...

A wonderful dish that you have shared with us! :) I think I will love it!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks delicious, I love melt in the mouth pork ribs!

lena said...

like some kind of an authentic chinese dish..having them with sandwich sounds great too! clever boy!

Zoe said...

Lucky Lucas! I reckon that my husband and son will love this delicious spare ribs too!

Li Shuan said...

那天买了排骨一直想怎样煮,结果就乱乱煮,早看到这个就copycat一下,好好吃的样子

Min said...

Yummy, yummy! Can I have this with a big bowl of rice?

Unknown said...

you make the simplest dish looks so delicious! I know I will make it. Thanks for sharing :)

Lori said...

My husband loves a nice dish of spareribs every once in a while. The seasoning on this sound so good!

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , I love this kind of hearty dish - so delicious ! It's nice to know that your kids really appreciate home-cooked meals :D

Sem said...

Hi, Sonia, do you mind if you can let me know the ISBN of the cookbook? Would love to get a copy.
As the dish look so delicious.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin