Usually I use burdock to cook soup, next time i can spare some to cook this yummy dish.
after sliced, soak in water with vinegar to prevent colour changed.
The other day i cooked some deep fried fish fillet with bread crumbs to go with this dish.
But my son seem couldn't accept the burdock taste. this was a bento for him..
Kinpiragobo (Crispy burdock root)(recipe source: modified from cookbook titled: Japanese cooking recipes)
125g burdock25g carrot
1tbsp Japanese light soy sauce1/4tsp salt
Sesame seeds, toasted
- Wash burdock with a scrubber if it’s muddy, use a peeler, peel off the skin.
- Cut into thin strips and soak in water with vinegar to refine.
- Mix all seasonings in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- Cut carrots into thins strips, try to match the size with burdock.
- Heat 1tbsp cooking oil in a pan, and sauté burdock and carrot till cooked, add some water if the mixture is too dry.
- Add in seasoning mixture, continue to stir fry till dry.
- Dish out and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.
- Serve as side dish for rice, porridge or bento.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest #1 Oct 2013 : Japan , hosted by Alan from travelling-foodies