If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Foliage at Sounkyo 層雲峡 (Daisetsuzan National Park), ropeway , Hokkaido 北海道 2013 (Part 1)

The main aim of the trip to Sapporo was to bring my mother to see autumn colours. When we were at Sapporo, there was not much colours to see since it was still at early stage of autumn, you may check here for the autumn colour report. We have to go northern part at Sounkyo to see the colours. When we saw the beautiful colours, the long hours (90mins by train, 120mins by bus) spent to travel here, it was too worth it!!


We made a right choice to stay at Asahikawa for a night, so we have a choice to check good weather then only travel from Asahikawa to Sounkyo (2hrs by bus). On that day, it was a sunny day. This was the scene when we were on the way to Sounkyo, still not much colours, it was worried me actually...
1332


1344

 
My mom look out from the bus, still not much colours..
1347

 
Soon we arrived at the bus station at Sounkyo, Wow, i was so happy to see this colourful scene..
1359


1685


1382

 
My mother was so happy to see this colour ^_^
1381


1385


1387


1388
First we went to ropeway ride

1397


1399
Autumn colours, simply beautiful !!
1406


1407

 
From inside the cable car..
1417
 
These pictures were taken from observation deck

1420


1431


1435


1436

 
walking through a garden before reached chair lift centre..
1437


1438


1449


1452


1453


1454


1455


1456


1463


1466

 
on our way to chair lift centre
1459


1467


There were too many pictures taken, so I split into two parts, next part I show you the pictures when we take these chair lift..stay tuned..

12 comments:

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Scary ride, your mum is very brave leh! Guess what, I'm watching Adam Liaw(Masterchef 2nd season winner)'s food program & this year's season is all about Japan. He has covered a lot of good areas & very informative & now he is explaining about different types of ramen, hahaha!He married a japanese girl, by the way. So is this where you did you collection of the ...?

Small Kucing said...

Gosh everything is just so beautiful.


I wonder if I dare to sit on the lift chair

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Japan is a nice country...

Mel said...

Autumn is one of the season that Im looking forward to see other than spring. Beautiful photos.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Beautiful pics of the Hokkaido Island.
Deepa

Esther Lau said...

Autumn is the most enchanting during the year. Love the colour of the leaves. It remind me that romantic drama " Autumn in my heart".

QembarDelites said...

Amazing photos of autumn, your mom is very lucky to have a good daughter to take her travelling:)

shaz said...

I love autumn. The weather's mild and pleasant and the colours are hard to beat. ALthough I live in tropical Singapore, the tastes and colours and feel of autumn is my favourite of the seasons.

Thanks Sonia for dropping by my blog :) happy weekend to u

My Little Space said...

Sonia, Hokkaido is such a beautiful place to visit. It worth to pay that much for the trip. I prefer to visit there during winter. My friend came back with so many amazing winter photos from her last year visit. The view is absolutely stunning.
Kristy

CQUEK said...

i want to go pls bring me along

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , you'll make an awesome tour guide :D

Joanne T Ferguson said...

G'day Sonia, I have always loved the changing of the leaves, true!
Your post today brought back heaps of childhood memories when I lived in the States! Thank you!
Cheers! Joanne

Blog Widget by LinkWithin