If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pig Maw / stomach Pepper Chicken Soup 猪肚胡椒鸡汤

There will be two posts for today and tomorrow, because i want to finish posting all CNY related delights before the closing tomorrow.  Sorry, i have forgotten to inform you that the CNY delights event closing time , it should be by tomorrow 28th Feb 2013 at 3pm (Malaysia time). If you still have CNY delights, please quickly post it and send to me by latest 3pm tomorrow. And i will compile immediately and have the final round up post by tomorrow night, and also to annource the winners of my giveaway..
From March onwards, i will slow down my pace on updating my blog,  I need to rest after busy of CNY event from Jan-Feb ^_^..
Ok, today post is about Pig stomach soup, this soup is a Hokkien's CNY delight. My mom will cook this soup in every CNY.



IMG_8172 copy

I am glad that my two elder children also started to appreciate this soup..but i cook it slight peppery..

IMG_8173 copy

My mom cleaned and made ready for me this pig maw/stomach.

My mom's easy method :-
1. Trim off any fat on the stomach lining.
2. Make a cut and invert the stomach, use a spoon or a butter knife to scrape as much slimy impurities as possible. Wash it thoroughly and rinsed.
3. Blanch the pig maw in hot water for few minutes. Remove and drained.
4. Cut into moderate size (not too small).
5. Bring water to boil and add some whole white pepper and salt, add in pig maw pieces, boil for 10mins, and reduce to low heat and simmer until pig maw become tender but not too soft.
6. Discard the water, and it is ready to cook or keep inside the freezer if not use it immediately.

IMG_8142

a must have ingredient- whole white peppercorns..I use the good peppers from Sarawak given by my friend who staying in Kuching..

IMG_8146

Also you need a good pot of chicken stock.
IMG_8152

IMG_8183 copy


Pig Maw / stomach Pepper Chicken Soup 猪肚胡椒鸡汤

(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

1 quantity of ready pig maw pieces (refer the steps above)
IMG_8172 copy2tbsp whole white peppercorns, lightly crushed (add more if you prefer stronger taste)
1 old chicken, cut into 4 big pieces
6pcs dried longan
1 can buttom mushrooms, washed, drained and cut small pieces
3 litre water
Salt to taste

Method
1. Bring water to boil and use the hot water to blanch old chicken pieces briefly.
2. Add in chicken, white peppercorns and dried longan. Let boil for 10mins and reduce to low heat and simmer for 2hrs.
3. Once the chicken stock is ready, add in pig maw pieces and buttom mushrooms, continue to boil for ½ hr, season with salt to taste.

 

IMG_8179 copy


I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover





21 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

One of my favourite soup

Joceline Lor said...

a la mak。。。。。这是我的最爱啊!

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

我妈妈也是给了我猪肚,还剩一大片, 我可以考虑你的这个食谱了。

PH said...

I love this soup too!

Mel said...

Just to say I am here at this post. I can't say much for this type of soup because I don't eat pig's maw. But some people really loves this soup.

Casey said...

这也是我的最爱,好棒的汤!

0620 said...

This is my all time favorite :)
Love it so much !!!

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

有妈的孩子多幸福,
洗便猪肚等你煮,
虽然安哥宋超爱这汤,我不会洗猪肚,
所以到今天,安家还没有自家猪肚汤。
m...要认个“契妈”才行,哈。。。。。。。

Esther Lau said...

I like this peppercorn soup but I used to cook it with chicken only because same as Mel I don't eat pig maw. My mum like to buy me these white or black peppercorns when I back to Kuching. My house will never out of stock for peppercorns :) Next time you can ask for me if you want more stock ;)

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

What I remember most about this soup is the peppercorn, love it!

Li Shuan said...

这个是我的最爱,好久都没煮这个了,真的很想念。
但是一想到要清洗猪肚就有一点sian。。还是来你家嗅嗅味道算了。呵呵

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这个汤我加大日子就会出现了
好好喝的列:)

Angelic Heart~ said...

I love this soup but really lazy to wash the pig maw...I will wait for my mum to cook for me :P

Imo Teo said...

这汤是我家婆在大日子会煮的汤,不过她还加了鱼丸肉丸,不过我不吃猪肚的哦!

Chef and Sommelier said...

Hi Sonia! This is my No. 1 soup of all times... Since I was a boy... the more peppery it is, the better!

Yes, you should take a well-deserved break. Thank you for organising the CNY event. I could see the response was so very overwhelming!

But don't be away for too long... We will all miss you and your posts. :P

lena said...

yes sonia, you deserve a good break...appreciate all your effort in compiling all the cny entries, i'm sure this will be very useful for all your readers and me too!

divya said...

Oohhh so delicious n inviting

QembarDelites said...

I love this soup too but such a chore to prepare the stomach! You are lucky your mom clean it for you!

choi yen said...

I just had similar dish at a Chinese restaurant at Pudu and the soup can use for steamboat too :P

mui mui said...

Sonia,
A hearty and warm soup!!

Don't be away for too long, we miss you!! :p

mui

blimpbinge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin