I supposed a lot of Chinese bloggers are busy baking with cookies now for CNY which another few days to go. I also baking my last few batches of cookies now. I bake these cookies for my friend to bring back home to Kuching. My friend like this cookie a lot, i noticed he ate a lot of this cookie when he came to my house last time..
This is an ordinary ghee ball recipe which is simply melt-in-mouth. This time i just want it to look more nicer than ordinary ball shape, so i just cut it into flower shape..
Flower Ghee Almond Cookies
(recipe source: made slight changes to old recipe here)
60g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
150g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
50g almond flour or ground almond
Extra egg yolk for decoration
1. Cream Ghee and icing sugar till light.
2. Add in egg yolk and mix well.
3. Sift in cake flour and baking powder, add in almond flour, combine well till soft dough.
4. Flatten the dough on two sheet of plastic sheets, use a flower cutter and cut out the shape
5. Take a chopstick, dip in egg yolk and lightly press on the cookie.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170c (at lower rack) for 10-15mins or till golden brown
7. Remove the cookies from the oven, and transfer them to cooling rack to let cool completely before storing in airtight container
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover