If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Claypot Luffa gourds, Black fungus and Fish Maw 胜瓜云耳浸鱼肚

We tried a similar dish in a restaurant that only know by the local during our trip to Macau. This was a typical Cantonese style of home cook dish. Since I still have some dried fish maw leftover from CNY, quickly try this dish at home. To get this dish taste nice, the good stock is important.


 
After tasted the real Cantonese style of dishes during this trip. I realized that they like to add this dried sole fish (or flounder) 扁鱼干 into the stock which has smoky and fresh fragrance. Usually Hong Kong people prepare the wanton noodles stock using this dried fish too. I got this dried fish from "Hoi May Poh" which selling all soft of dried seafood stuff & etc near my place but not from Macau. There are two types of this dried fish, one with bones like below and another type is boneless which can be use it to make into powder form which later add into cooking.

If you are  staying at Klang, you can buy this dried sole fish from:

Chop Leong Hup
No 17, Jalan Raja Hasan Klang. Tel: 03-33421662


 
You have to grill it to get the smoky taste.
 
Once you done with the stock, cooking this dish become very easy...

 
My family said this dish tasted exactly like that one we have tried and even better ^_^


Claypot Luffa gourds, Black fungus and Fish Maw 胜瓜云耳浸鱼肚

1 Luffa gourd, peel off the hard skin outside, cut wedges
40g fish maw, soaked in water for 30mins
20g carrot, slices
10g dried black fungus, soaked in water till soften, tear into small pieces
4 cloves garlic, crushed.
70g lean meat, slices (coat with tapioca flour)
Salt to taste

Stock ingredients
20g ikan bilis (dried anchovies )
1 dried sole fish, grill the fish, remove burnt part, wash and tear into few pieces
800ml water

Method

  1. Add all stock ingredients in a stock pot, boil over medium low heat for 30-45mins. Set asdie.
  2. Heat some cooking oil in a claypot, sauté garlic till aroma, add in stock (2 small soup bowls), carrot and black fungus, bring to boil. Boil for few minutes.
  3. Add in fish maw, continue to cook for 5-10mins till fish maw soften.
  4. Add in luffa gourd, continue to cook for few minutes. Last add in meat slices, and add salt to taste, cook for 2-3mins.
  5. Remove from heat, serve hot.
Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover


28 comments:

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

Sonia, this is a fabulous dish for CNY! But I wish I can eat this everyday too :) Thanks for sharing!

sabrina 莎莎 said...

Sonia,很棒!!透亮的丝瓜烹得刚好!!

0620 said...

我喜欢煮得软绵绵的胜瓜汤
清甜好吃哦 ^^

Fion said...

Yes,this dish really suit for CNY,but I never try to cook or eat this dish during CNY...so pity..

Kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, thanks for sharing this lovely dish. I like all the ingredients that you add in this pot. I believe it is very tasty with the phnee hoo.

Mel said...

Im sure this dish you have cooked up must be very flavourful.

PH said...

Very delicious! I can just eat this dish and no need anything else!

Li Shuan said...

我今天没煮饭,看到你这一锅真的很爽。。hociak!

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

如果招待访客,将是不错的选择。
先把他收好,谢谢咯。

Victoria Bakes said...

i call this the claypot of goodness! i love fish maw!!!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves fish maw, but do not know how to cook it...

Veronica said...

I don't even have to taste it to know that this dish is extremely tasty. I haven't used this dried fish before but I heard that it gives the stock a very good flavour.

Jozelyn Ng said...

Hi, Sonia, you are right, this fish is delicious in making wan ton mee...I can imagine your soup is so delicious!

Copycake kitchen said...

Sonia, I suka Luffa gourds, this dish looks super sedap!!!!! :)

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

我在这里的菜市时常都看到这个”鱼骨“, 就是不知怎么煮, 哈哈!
谢谢你的分享

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

I popped over from Veronica's blog & she is also sharing a luffa dish today! Your dish with fish maw can make a good CNY dish too!

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

这样的一锅熟,我最喜欢了。

chow and chatter said...

i bet the stock is lovely

ICook4Fun said...

I like luffa but only know how to cook it with eggs. That how my mom used to cook them. I like the way you cook this. Full of flavor sand lots of 'lui'

ICook4Fun said...

Oops should be 'and' not sand. Sorry about that.

QembarDelites said...

I heard restaurants like to use this fish to flavor their dishes too...looks so fresh and delicious!

Lite Home Bake said...

I like this kind of one pot wholesome dish. Convenient and delicious!

Joceline Lor said...

sonia,你很厉害masak masak,这个好像可以‘出桌’摆喜酒了。哈哈哈 。。

Baby Sumo said...

Wow wow looks good! I know a lot of chinese chefs like to use the flounder for seasoning, they usually pan-roast it then grind into powder right.

Small Kucing said...

Thanks for the recipe. will wanna try this. I love luffa gourd.

Angie's Recipes said...

This looks great, Sonia. Better than those from the restaurants.

Ana Regalado said...

I bet it tastes as wonderful as it looks ! The fish stock made from dried fish sounds really good . I've seen fish powder here and it's a bit expensive compare to the usual chicken powder , I think some Chinese restaurant here use it to flavor some of their dishes ?!

dried fish maw said...

Dried Fish Maw, Dried Shark Fins, Dried Sea Cucumber, Dried Shrimp, Dried Sea Limpets, Dried Abalone and Cow Gallstones. http://driedfishmaw.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin