How to make it nutty? recipe called to grind hazelnut with flour till fine.
After roasted for few minutes, then it was easy to remove the skin..
Anyway, this muffin was not well received by my family as my children don't appreciate nutty flavour and furthermore this muffin only has very very mild sweetness..
If you want a healthy muffin that has no sugar and butter, this is the recipe. And I found the batter was watery even I didn't add in the skimmed milk..
Nutty Blueberry muffins 蓝莓果仁味玛芬*makes 6 small muffins
65g self-raising flour (I replaced with cake flour + 1/4tsp baking powder)30g hazelnuts1/8tsp baking soda33g skimmed milk (I omitted)1 large egg2tsp agave syrup (I replaced with honey)25ml rapeseed oil (I replaced with corn oil)35g fresh blueberries
- Bake hazelnuts in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 3mins, remove set aside to cool. Remove the skin.
- Put the flour, baking soda and hazelnuts in a food processor, and whizz until the nuts are finely ground.
- Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, honey and oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients into dry until smooth, then stir in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into muffin pan or cupcake liners.
- Bake at 180C for 35mins or until a skewer poked in comes out clean.
Recipe source: BBC GoodFood magazine, with changes