If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, June 23, 2014

Japanese Stir-fried Cabbage with Butter Soy Sauce 日式牛油炒高丽菜

I almost forgot to post this recipe. This month LTU-butter theme remind me of this dish I have cooked few months ago. I never know just a simple stir fry cabbage with butter can resulted a good dish, nevertheless adding Japanese soy sauce into this dish also important.



 
I remembered I was cooking Tonkatsu the other day, but I need some vegetable to go with it and I only have cabbage left in the fridge. So I googled for how Japanese cook with cabbage, and so glad I found this recipe.


Japanese Stir-fried Cabbage with Butter Soy Sauce 日式牛油炒高丽菜

250g cabbage, chopped or shredded
25g butter
1 and 1/2tsp Japanese light soy sauce

Method
  1. Melt butter in a frying pan, add cabbage, stir fry till soften.
  2. Add in soy sauce, mix well, dish out and serve as side dish.
Recipe source: refer to here, by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover

 

25 comments:

Copycake kitchen said...

Simple yet delicious dish!!!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Very colourful and lovely looking Japanese cabbage Stir fry. Awesome preparation.
Deepa

Victoria Bakes said...

indeed a very simple dish.. something i love to have go with my porridge!

Mel said...

Simple stir fry vege with butter taste absolutely delicious.

Sally said...

第一次看到用牛油来炒菜,很新鲜的吃法哦。。

Bakericious said...

I love cabbage and I am sure is super fragrance to use butter, gonna try it next time.

PH said...

Maybe can try with fried rice. Should be good too.

Joceline Lor said...

sonia, 这刚刚好是午餐时间。我来吃饭咯。

Fion said...

I love cabbage! This dish is simply & delicious,think will try this method next time..tks

向日葵葵 ~ Sunflower Grace said...

A quick and simple way to enjoy cabbage with rich flavor. Must be smell good !

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I like cabbage, but i never cook veg. myself, usually buy from the mixed rice stall...

Baking Taitai said...

Have not tried frying cabbage with butter before, must be really fragrance!

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

简单就是美,这道菜,ngam我,我要,嘻嘻!

Kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, thanks for sharing this simple and tasty vegetable dish. Simply delicious.

Jozelyn Ng said...

Hi, Sonia, this is simply delicious...

Kristen @ Best Food Processor said...

I love this dish. I tried it. I am going to prepare it again this month. Thank you for the recipe. It is a great idea for a meal.

Unknown said...

sonia,我回来了。。。。
简单美味的高丽菜是我的最爱。

Angie's Recipes said...

A simple and very tasty stir-fry!

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

One bowl of rice with this cabbage stir-fried can also be a good dish. Let's just go for meat-free day!

Li Shuan said...

简单好味!

ann low said...

Simply delicious ~ love it!

Zoe said...

Butter soy sauce!

Hi Sonia, this is new to me and reckon this combination must be very yummy!

Zoe

Small Kucing said...

Thanks. I guess this will be my dinner tonight. I've got a cabbage in the fridge :)

Choi Yen said...

Cabbage is my favourite vegetable for its sweetness!
PS: I have same the plate with yours, from Daiso right? ^__*

Ana Regalado said...

Simple yet very appetizing ! I think I need to buy Japanese soy sauce :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin