If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, June 13, 2014

Banana and Pine nuts butter cake 香蕉松子牛油蛋糕


I have quite some time did not bake a butter cake. Since I have overripe bananas sitting on the island top, perfect to make a banana cake. But I also wish to have some bite of nuts in this cake. So I added some pine nuts (leftover from earlier Basmati Rice with Pomegranate Seeds and Pine nuts ). And I love this combination!




Usually I prefer to use pisang emas (banana) for making banana cake as this banana has sweeten flavour which we could use less sugar in the recipe.


Banana and Pine nuts butter cake 香蕉松子牛油蛋糕
*makes a 6” cake 

112g unsalted butter, at room temperature
75g caster sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2tsp vanilla extract
100g self-raising flour
80g mashed banana
30g pine nuts 

 Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Roast pine nuts for 3mins, set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat together until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg one at a time, combine well.
4. Add in mashed banana, mix well. Then add in flour and roasted pine nuts, combine well.
5. Pour cake batter into a lined (bottom) round cake pan, smooth the top and tap on countertop to remove air bubbles.
6. Bake the cake for 35mins or until inserted with a skewer came out clean.
7. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover


This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen)

29 comments:

Jozelyn Ng said...

I guess I am no. 1 today....I want to grab two piece of cakes from you!
Thanks for linking up with LTU!

0620 said...

I want to order 2 pcs for tea time, hehe!!

Veronica said...

Sonia I loved the beautiful colour of your cake, so lovely. I've never have pine nuts in my cakes before. Thanks for the idea. Maybe next time I shall try using pine nuts too.

PH said...

Sonia, since this is 6"cake, I want the whole cake hee..hee..Banana cake is one of my favourite cakes. Sedapnya!

Copycake kitchen said...

I like banana cake, but no change to bake a banana cake because my banana always finished before i turn them into cake,hehe...I like your version with pine nuts, nice!

Joceline Lor said...

Sonia,刚巧是下午茶时间。又是充电时候。

Fion said...

I like banana cake & my sons love banana cake very much,this really a good combination too

Victoria Bakes said...

pine nuts are indeed such forgotten nuts aren't there? thanks for the great idea

Small Kucing said...

i can say is thumb up for this! :)

Mel said...

Loves banana cake and having some pine nuts in is an added bonus in it.

Karen said...

闻到香味,忙里偷闲,来你家tea break充电嘻嘻^^

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

bookmark这个蛋糕先, 等我有目了再来下手吧!1

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I must shift to KL n b Mama Kucing n your neighbour, kaka..

Lisa Ho said...

Very nice with pine nuts added :D
Yummms

ann low said...

Yum... this banana cake must be very flavourful :)

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

Banana butter cake with pine nuts, must be super yummy :)

Mary said...

the cake looks gorgeous! so light and full of flavor - yum!
Mary

lena said...

Even without pine nuts , i love it too! Good banana cakes are just so tasty and can nvr get bored with it.

Angie's Recipes said...

Who could ever resist this moist and beautiful banana cake! Love the add of pine nuts.

Nadji said...

Un cake plein de saveurs. J'aime beaucoup.
See soon.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, recently have been seeing Cass & Irene baked a banana cake, looks like your also "beh tahan liao," hahaha! Going with pine nuts is special! Normally see banana bread in loaf shape, seeing this in round is unique!

Li Shuan said...

我最近学会吃牛油蛋糕,松子我喜欢,我也要一片

Lite Home Bake said...

The addition of pine nuts is a very clever idea, giving a new twist to the cake :)

Fern @ To Food With Love said...

Nice combo! And the cake looks perfect with a nice colour too!

mui mui said...

Hi Chi,
Pine nuts in banana cake, love it!!
mui

Cecilia Yap said...

I like this flavourful banana cake..

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

少有的圆形香蕉蛋糕,有惊喜!

Bakericious said...

I never try putting pinenuts in the banana cake, looks great!

Ana Regalado said...

I never had butter cake in years :P Your cake looks delightful with the addition of pine nuts , the texture and flavor must be really good !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin