If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hakka Lei Cha

Sometime, after having too much of meat, I like to prepare Hakka Lei Cha, because it is very healthy and delicious.
Just put all the dishes and everything into a big bowl of rice, and add the Lei Cha, simple and yummy.






































- Sayur Manis ( stir fry with garlic)
- Bitter vegetable ( not sure the actual name, Hokkian people called as "Ko Cai"), stir fry with dried prawn and garlic.





















-dried carrots ( stir fry with garlic)
-French bean ( stir fry with dried prawn and garlic)






- hard tofu (stir fry with dried prawn and garlic)
- fried peanuts
- This is ready made Lei Cha which my sister bought for me, very easy to prepare, just add hot water and served. I'm learning to prepare Lei Cha, so far, I knew few ingredients to be added, e.g mint leaves, sesame, peanut & etc. Once I figure out how to prepare it, I will share the recipe.
p/s You may change the vegetables to your preferences e.g cabbage, leek & etc.

9 comments:

Agnes Sim said...

i not dare to eat this. hehe

Bakeling said...

ooh ! This is my favaurite ! I did a research from the internet of what they have in the "擂茶" soup.
Will send you the ingredient in the email.

I will never cook it because it is very difficult to prepare for 1 person or 2. Beli lebih baiklah !

Nancymommy said...

原来你也喜欢吃"擂茶",我老公是河婆客,所以我也常常吃"擂茶"...不过是出去吃..嘿嘿..

Colin Woon said...

Are you a Hakka too? I can't remember when was the last time I have Lei Cha but I know it's been a long time. I'm not even sure I know how it taste but I think I like it. My mom told me it's a lot of work to prepare. Definitely a healthy choice! Do your kids like this?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Agnes, earlier I also dont like, but after few tried, I love it so much now, my Lei Cha version doesnt have kind of bitter taste, instead very tasty.

Bakeling, quickly send to me. Thanks.

Nancy, You should try to do it yourself, not really difficult, just stir-fry the vegetables only. But how to prepare the Lei Cha, then this is a bit tricky, if you are able to buy, advise you to do so, otherwise wait for my recipe.

Colin, No lah, I'm Hokkian lang. For me, as long as the food is nice and delicious, I will enjoy it. Thatswhy I can travel everywhere to try good food. I'm so admire those TV host who travel around taste good food.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, my daughter love this so much, the vegetables and the soup. But that two young boys, can't accept it, they just eat the rice and vegetables but not the soup.

Bento Pet said...

Yummilicious!!!

SueSue said...

You like lei cha ah? I never like that cos cant stand the smell of the Thai Basil.

Annie said...

hi this is my favorite too!! But hubby and kids dont like it! We have a "Lei Cha" lover group at my place which consists of about 12 ladies. we meet once a month and each of us will prepare a dish. It's really fun!! If not mistaken, the "Lei Cha" consists of 9 types of stuff!! If you want I cant try to get the recipe for you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin