If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Nutty Blueberry muffins 蓝莓果仁味玛芬

I am continuing  checking the stock of cupcake liners. Took out this liner with purple blue, immediately I thought of making blueberries cupcakes or muffins using this liner. Finally decided to try this healthy muffin with no sugar is added.




How to make it nutty? recipe called to grind hazelnut with flour till fine.


After roasted for few minutes, then it was easy to remove the skin..

Anyway, this muffin was not well received by my family as my children don't appreciate nutty flavour and furthermore this muffin only has very very mild sweetness..

If you want a healthy muffin that has no sugar and butter, this is the recipe. And I found the batter was watery even I didn't add in the skimmed milk..


Nutty Blueberry muffins 蓝莓果仁味玛芬
*makes 6 small muffins 

65g self-raising flour (I replaced with cake flour + 1/4tsp baking powder)
30g hazelnuts
1/8tsp baking soda
95ml buttermilk (I use milk +few drops of lemon juices)
33g skimmed milk (I omitted)
1 large egg
2tsp agave syrup (I replaced with honey)
25ml rapeseed oil (I replaced with corn oil)
35g fresh blueberries 

Method

  1. Bake hazelnuts in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 3mins, remove set aside to cool. Remove the skin.
  2. Put the flour, baking soda and hazelnuts in a food processor, and whizz until the nuts are finely ground.
  3. Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, honey and oil.
  4. Mix the wet ingredients into dry until smooth, then stir in the blueberries.
  5. Divide the batter into muffin pan or cupcake liners.
  6. Bake at 180C for 35mins or until a skewer poked in comes out clean.

Recipe source: BBC GoodFood magazine, with changes

13 comments:

Victoria Bakes said...

That's one healthy grab and go breakfast muffin!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

dijamin sampai hari esok, lol

Angie's Recipes said...

These muffins look wholesome and perfect for any time of day!

Bakericious said...

this muffin definitely smell very nice with but fragrance, I like!

Fion said...

yes!hazelnuts ang blueberry,is my favourite
and it's time for my high tea,can i have a piece?

Mel said...

All children loves sweet stuff and desserts with less or no sugar definitely wont go for second. I would love to go for a second for a healthy brekkie myself!

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

小朋友不赏脸,那就‘大朋友’来帮你解决掉,
嘻嘻!

PH said...

Hmmm...I like nutty taste but must have butter hee..hee..that's why I fat!

Unknown said...

我家几个宝贝都超爱这满芬的,我带几个回家就把问题解决了,呵呵呵~

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

很健康的蛋糕, 无糖的很ngam我叻!

婉婉午茶 said...

我也好喜欢,既健康又营养!

向日葵葵 ~ Sunflower Grace said...

It looks yummy although it is less sweet. A healthy one..

Ana Regalado said...

Hmmmm not up to your kiddos standard ?! Shame :D They look awesome from here !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin