If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Chinese style Braised Orange Duck 香橙焖鸭肉

This was one of the dish that i cooked during CNY, even brought to a family gathering. I just simply twisted from the French cuisine orange duck breast to this Chinese version. I am glad that it turned out good especially the gravy has a bit of tangy flavor from the oranges used.





Chinese style Braised Orange Duck香橙焖鸭肉

600g duck meat, bite-sized
150g fresh buttom mushrooms
1 orange rind
100ml freshly squeeze orange juices ( I used Sunkist oranges)
6 shallots, whole
3 cloves garlic, whole
2 slices ginger
2 cups water



1tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2tbsp oyster sauce
1/2tsp salt or to taste

Method
  1. Heat oil in a pot or wok, sauté shallots, garlic and ginger till aroma.
  2. Add in duck meat and button mushrooms, stir to combine and cook till colour changed.
  3. Add in 1/2tbsp orange rind, orange juices and water, bring to boil.
  4. Add in all seasonings, braise over low heat for about an hour or till tendered.
  5. Dish out, sprinkle some orange rind on top, serve hot or warm with rice.



Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hi Sonia, can I used the mandarin oranges instead of oranges? Can I?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia,
Can I use this recipe to substitute the duck with chicken?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Angeline, I think you can but just afraid it has less citrus aroma compare to normal oranges.

Anonymous, I am not sure but you can try to substitute with chicken , let me know the taste if you try it.

My Little Space said...

I have only tasted this dish once but that was a long long time ago.
Blessings, Kristy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin