After tasted the durian pancake at Dragon One, we all fall in love with this pancake. It look not that difficult to prepare at home. The important point is how to get a thin and good crepe!! I seached around in Google, and found out a lot of peoples have been looking for this recipe, but either one not sharing this or sharing with difference way of durian pancake !! (if you found this recipe, let me know please)
No choice, I need to make my own crepe recipe, I tried about for 4 times, mix and match, finally I got this recipe which is quite close to the original one (need to improve on the thickness, mine a bit thick).
Homemade durian pancake
To prepare crepe:-
All purpose flour 200g
Tapioca flour 1tsp
a drop of yellow colouring
1. Mix all ingredients in a big bowl and use whisk to mix well. Sieve, then cover and stand for 30 minutes.
2. Pour a scoop of the batter in the center of the non-stick pan (do not add oil) and move the pan around for the batter to coat the side.
3. Once the colour changed and batter turn hard, crepe is ready and remove it immediately . Just fry for one side only.
To prepare durian pancake:-
Fresh whipped cream
Durian flesh (if you don't take durian, you may replace it with mango)
1. Spoon 1tbsp of durian flesh and 1tbsp of fresh whipped cream on the center of crepe.
2. Fold into a square shape.
3. Immediately store in the fridge for later consume.
**Even this recipe is not perfect yet, but I'm happy as my family members love this and really cheap if make this at home. Maybe I can consider to take order, hehehe, just joking !!!
**Nancy Mommy, I know this is your family's favourite too, try this recipe when you are free...
Happy Cooking !!!
39 minutes ago