I saw HSling keep doing this bread which she followed to Canary's recipe, both of them highly recommended this bread because this bread is super soft. I tried, and I totally agreed with them, the bread texture is super super soft, my kids love this bread so much. The best thing is this bread is without any egg yolk added and also not adding any chemical substances e.g shortening to maintain the softness.
I do not know the English name of this bread, the Chinese name is 欧蕾面包..Can I call as "Oleh bread", sound ok?
Thanks to Hsling and Canary (she is currently stop updating her blog, I hope she will be back soon) for sharing this lovely bread.
High protein flour 300g
Caster sugar 36g
milk powder 18g
Cold water 180g (I use ice cubes + drinking water)
Egg white 24g
1. Mix A, then add in B, combine well.
2. Add in C, continue knead.
3. Then add in D, knead till elastic. (The dough is quite sticky, don't tend to add more flour !!)
4. Rest for 60mins.
5. Slightly knead the dough again and rest for another 30mins.
6. Shape the dough and add in filling as per your preference.
7. Bake at pre-heat oven at 180c for 25mins.
**For this filling, I use Blueberries jam.
Do enjoy Baking !!!
Christmas Decorations @ Jurong Point
3 hours ago