If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, December 14, 2009

Inspired by a girl who loves to bake !! Fondant cup cakes

I got this inspiration from "The Journal of a girl who loves to cook" (I think she should have changed to a girl who loves to bake !!), immediately I bake this cup cakes today. I spent the whole morning to do my 1st sugar paste/fondant cup cakes, I'm so satisfied with the result, so I can't wait to share with your.



IMG_2691






IMG_2676






IMG_2662


-I use the balance sugar paste to do the only one flower shape.


IMG_2681






IMG_2684


- Hallo, am I cute?



IMG_2657

I will think twice if I will do this again, really not an easy job (my daughter did few of the bears and also the Christmas hat), this is something like doing art works, must have 2 P (patient and passion). Thus I will suggest you to buy this kind of cup cakes from "Delectable" or any other bakery shops.

I was adapted sugar paste/fondant recipe from "Twister" , but this sugar paste will turn very dry once it expose to air. Anyway, Thank you very much to "Twister" for your kind sharing.

Sugar paste recipe ( Please refer to Twister's blog for detail steps):-

water 60g

gelatin 1tbsp

liquid glucose 1tbsp

Icing sugar 500g

Corn flour 20g

1. Mix water and gelatin on a bowl, and place the bowl over a pan with water and heat up the pan.
2. Once gelatine dissolves, add in the liquid glucose and mix well, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. Add gelatine mixture into Icing sugar and corn flour, knead till smooth dough.
4. Wrap with cling film and place in a airtight container until ready to use (prefer to store 24hours before use)

As for the cup cake, I use "fluffy chocolate cake" recipe.

Do enjoy Baking !!!

37 comments:

Zurin said...

awwwwwwwwwww Sonia!!! how terribly sweet and adorable!!!!! cant eat them cant eat them....way too cute. :)))))

Agnes Sim said...

wow..so cute neh~~

温馨小屋 said...

哇!哇!很可爱...很棒哦!有没有留给我?
我也很想做一些给孩子。。。食谱我抄下咯!谢啦!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The bear is so cute...

Canary said...

好可爱!!!我喜欢。。。。有没有步骤图??

ann low said...

Oh Sonia~~~this is really so CUTE!!!

Bakeling said...

You cup cake not only cute but also you took good photos too!

How many cups of these bear you made from the recipe ?

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!!!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

zurin, ya, this is terrible sweet.

Agnes, Thanks for stopping by.

Felvinc, you can do better than me.

somewhere in SG, Thanks.

Canary, sorry, I dont have, I just shape it like that by hands.

Anncoo, Thanks.

Bakeling, actually cup cakes about 20pcs++, but I only did about 12pcs of bear cup cake, very hard to do ler, still got balance sugar paste(I made only half of the recipe).

Ju, yes, yes, yes, hehehe..

Big Boys Oven said...

those bears look so cute!

Kana said...

These are cute little bears!!

Pei-Lin said...

Hey, Sonia! You're also getting into fondant making now, huh? MY GOODNESS!! I'm damn slow, hahaha ...! Yours look so darn cute!! These are a real good start!

I'm still contemplating whether I should spend RM200++ to attend pastry workshops/courses e.g. fondant classes & macaron classes. Oh, well! See, see first lah ...

Pei-Lin

Sherleen.T said...

nice job, sonia. the bear bear r lovely...
you r really ... wow, talented!!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Awww...how cute is that!

Namitha said...

You just awed me :D So cute and beautiful....With the first visit I got hooked up to your blog....I got to learn so many things from you...:-)

cherry potato said...

很可爱哦!记得..记得留给我啊.

tracieMoo said...

I've never tried making fondant. It looks really good! Hope to try this soon :)

ai wei said...

you are really geng! can save a cuppa for me plssss?!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Big Boys Oven, Thanks for stopping by.

Maya, Thanks.

Pei Lin, I have never attended any baking classes before, if you really like baking, you should attend this kind of class.

Sherleen, actually not that difficult to make this, but you must have patient..like doing artworks..

LCOM, Thanks.

Gulmohar, Thanks for dropping by, will check out your blog soon.

cherry, Thanks.

Traciemoo, You should quickly try this.

Ai Wei, no problem.

苏联妈妈 said...

so CUTE !!! 2 P? guess i would not be able to do it at the moment . always need to keep an eye on my baby .copy n keep first ~~~~~~thx for sharing

My Little Things Corner said...

wow, so cute! i take one for my today tea.

fasha comeback again said...

"blogwalking, have a nice day :D follow my blog and give me $mile and $mile"
I love your blog,so cute

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Sulianmummy, do try out when you are free !!

Sze Sze, sure you have tea every afternoon? hahaha..

fasha comeback again, Thanks.

Yummy Bakes said...

Wow lovely bears! Fully agree - needs patience to do these cute little bears. I have yet to put my hands to do it yet.... soon I hope. ;)

HS Kitchen And Hobby said...

Your fondant bears are so cute. I think I will not try this so soon because am very poor in art. LOL... Thanks for sharing . ^_^

Blessed Homemaker said...

I've always wanted to make a fondant cake but procrastinating as I've heard how sweet it is. I must say your first attempt looks great. I'm not even sure if I can achieve anything like yours :P

Saju Sharfu said...

hi sonia, first time to ur blog..loved ur cupcake..it looks sooo much work and my creative talent very bad..so dont think it will even turn out to be a bear if i make it.
following u

Rachel Hei said...

Oh my~ those bears were cute...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Yummy koh, Thanks for dropping by.

HS Kitchen and Hobby,I'm not good either, practise it more, then I would alright.

Blessed Homemaker, agreed with you, the sugar paste is super sweet, it look nice but taste wise is up to individual..

Saju, Thanks for dropping by, will visit your blog soon.

Rachel, Thanks.

月亮 said...

wah wah wah
so cute

Precious Pea said...

So cute! Great job! But errmm....don't you feel a bit heavy hearted to bite on them?

Vrinda said...

WOW they r super cute Sonia..i never tried fondant with gelatin ,i always make with marshmallows...gr8 job...

Padhu Sankar said...

Wow! I could not take my eyes off those teddy bears.Superb.New Comer here.Do drop by
http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

ahteekitchen said...

These are really awesome!!
I would like to learn this!
www.ahteekitchen.blogspot.com

Cookie said...

I can't belief this is your first fondant cake! So Nice!

Colin Woon said...

Wow! Looks so cute! I bet you spent a lot of time and effort on it! Well, the end results will definitely put a smile on someone face! I like it!

Great photos too! Getting better!

Jade said...

Hi Sonia,

May i have the photo of this liquid glucose? I don't know what is that.

Thanks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin