If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dragon One @ SS2 Petaling Jaya

When we craving for "Xiao Long Bao"/superior stock dumpling , Dragon-I at One U Damansara will be our choice. My daughter just love to eat all kind of pau. I saw Big Boy Oven recommended another place for "Xiao Long Bao" at a restaurant name called Dragon One in SS2 PJ. I just wonder why all this kind of restaurant must have name begins with Dragon......

We visited this restaurant in one of the weekend.


1. Steamed Shanghainese Meat Dumpling with Superior Soup known as “Xiao Long Bao, this is first dish we ordered. But we were quite disappointed, the pau skin is not "Q" enough, and the filling also very normal only. This definitely could not beat with our usual restaurant in One U Damansara.



-My daughter wanted this potsticker (Guo Tie), but again she was disappointed with this too, she said mum did better than this , Hahaha.. we don't like the taste of filling....


-Durian pancake, this one was not disappointed us, this was awesome, the taste was really really nice, no wonder this is NancyMommy's favorite too. Nancy, have you learnt how to make the skin?


-Deep-Fried Prawn Roll with Orange Sauce , very nice too, crispy fried bean curd sheet and flavourful of orange dipping sauce.




-Stir-Fried Bean Sheet with Preserved Vegetables, this was good too, my first time tried this kind of bean sheet, very interesting texture, perfect stir-fried and full of “wok hei.



-Avocado with Kataifi , crispy and crunchy skin with sweet Avocado filling, this was not bad too.



-Shanghainese Style La Men with Crab Roe, the thick soup was very nice, full of crab roe, something similar to Shark fin soup but this with added of La Men. Actually we ordered another La men with wantan, don't order this, very plain soup.



- Inside the restaurant, very Chinese feel of environment..
Above are our own point of view of the foods served there, maybe you have your own point of view. But few of the dishes served here are good, this worth to give it a try, prices are reasonable and good thing is without taxes.
They are located at :-
Add: 59 Ground Floor, Jalan SS2/75, 47300 Petaling Jay, Selangor. (Same row as Murni & Public Bank)Tel: 016-2539899/012-3989803)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing this post made me crave chinese dumplings so much Sonia...I am going to tell my husband we MUST go out for lunch tomorrow ...to china town : ) ....! Thank you for sharing...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nat, hahaha, good for you, hope you will have a nice lunch tomorrow at China town.

Bakeling said...

You can have more varities in the dimsum restaurant there .

Actually what is the filling ( 馅) of "Nancy's favourite" ?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, sorry, I forgot to add in the name, is Durian pancake..

ai wei said...

you are making me craving for xiu long bao ar...

but oO... the pau are disappointing???

Nancymommy said...

哈哈..还没有学会啊...等你学会教我吧!
下次我们就约在这见面,你再陪我们吃一次如何?
看来还真不错!真好笑...这间餐馆离我家这么近我都没去光顾过...

Palidor said...

The deep-fried prawn roll looks very tasty! That's the "downside" of being a good cook, isn't it? More often than not, you can make better tasting dishes, like those potstickers, at home.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Ai Wei, really, trust me, not nice at all, if you have tried this, let me know your point of view.

Nancy, hahaha, I thought want to learn from you !! The skin seem not like the normal pancake, super thin, I bet not pan fry but I dont know how they make this. If I can figure out, will let you know.

Palidor, yes, the deep-fried prawn roll is very tasty, and this is easily can cook it at home too.

choi yen said...

I had that avocado roll at other restaurant b4, just love it~~

My Little Things Corner said...

another good place for dim sum!
thanks for sharing...

米亚 said...

Sonia your post is getting more and more interesting each day... I just enjoy reading them! This Dragon One is fairly popular in PJ isnt it? I havent been there for ages... goodness me! I love siao long bao too!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

mimid3vils, ya, that Avocado roll is very nice too.

My Little Things corner, no problem.

Mia, I dont think they are popular, not many ppls know them.

Horlic said...

hmm.. love xiao long bao so much! Will go try SS2 Dragon One next week.

pigpigscorner said...

We used to eat here a lot last time but now got so may other distractions =P

Colin Woon said...

Big mistake to check your food blog before I go to bed...me hungry...me need food...ahhhh...

That Durian pancake looks really really really good!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin