I was adapted the recipe from Happy Home Baking, you must visit her blog, she has a wonderful blog with all wonderful recipes..Thanks to HHB..
Do check out her detail recipe for this basic scone, and I would like to summarize it in a simple way:-
Cake flour 125g
Baking powder 1/2tsp (make sure you remember to add this !!!)
a pinch of salt
Unsalted butter 25g
Caster sugar 20g
1/2 egg + milk = 70ml liquid
1. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Rub cold butter in the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, keep in the fridge for 30mins.
3. Add in the liquid until just combined (don't overwork). The mixture will be sticky, moist and lumpy. Store in the fridge for another 30mins.
4. Cut the dough and place on baking sheet.Brush the tops with some milk.
5. Bake at pre-heat oven 200c for 15mins.
p/s My kids doesn't like much on Scone, I think I have slim chances to bake this again..
Do enjoy BAKING !!!