If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Banana Cake-nothing special

Usually i don't post on Sunday, but this time is special, I need to show my two camera "sifu" (master) for those photos that I took using my new camera Canon G11. Since my daughter requested for Banana cake, so I quickly bake it so I can take pictures too.





Colin & Bakeling, I took these photos yesterday night, no sunlight to enhance the brightness, no difference from my old camera ho ?
I was adapted recipe from Blessed Homemaker, this Banana cake is very nice, moist and full of natural sweet from Banana. Thanks Blessed Homemaker....
Recipe:-
*I only baked half portion from the original recipe, 1 rectangular cake pan and 2 cup cakes
90g butter
75g sugar
1+1/2 egg (medium size) – lightly beaten
125g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
110gm mashed banana (I use Pisang Emas)
25g Dairy Whipping cream or Evaporated milk

Steps:-
1.Beat sugar and butter till creamy
2.Add in egg and beat till well combined
3.Add in mashed banana and cream till mix well.
4.Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat for a while only
5.Pour into cake pan, put few slices of bananas on top (optional)
6.Bake at pre-heat oven for 35mins at 180c (or adjust according to your type of oven and cake pan used)

Do enjoy Baking !!!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE your blog!! I really enjoy your pictures!

Penny said...

wah..yummy banana!...u gave me a good idea to peel the banana on top of the cake!

Bakeling said...

The photographs are very clear especially the first picture !

ann low said...

Nice shot, Sonia. I love banana cake, hope can share some.

Palidor said...

I love banana cake! And I especially love the sliced bananas that you put on top. It makes the cake very pretty.

Reanaclaire said...

hi Sonia, my kids love banana cake but i have yet to bake any yet... better dont let them see this.. i be in trouble..hahhaa...

Little Corner of Mine said...

Nice! I baked a banana cake for friends on Friday too.

Canary said...

I love banana cake too.It look very nice.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Jennifer, Thanks for dropped by, and I also list you in my blog list.

Penny, ya, enhance the cake a bit.

Bakeling, Thanks.

Anncoo, you love this too huh..

Palidor, next time you can do this way too.

Reanaclaire, better bake faster for them..

LCOM, easy to bake huh?

Canary, my daughter had it almost half of the banana cake, she just love it.

petite nyonya said...

Wah, this banana cake looks super moist. I love the aroma of banana in baking. Very nice that you've added slices of banana on top too!

Colin Woon said...

Looks so so so yummy!

The photo is ok, slightly underexposed. If you increase the exposure compensation a little bit, it should turn out slightly better.

Fluorescent light sometime render food photo slightly blueish, which is not appealing, you can play with the "White Balance" to find the tone you like.

You have a great camera, just that you're new to it for now. I'm sure you will produce better photo soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin