If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, October 5, 2009

Plain Loaf

My new venture in baking, bake a Loaf !!!
Two times of failures, 3rd time I able to enjoyed home baked loaf.
Also Thanks to my new Rooster timer to watch out bread dough resting time.


-Dough rise about 90% full




-Hot from the oven



-After removed from the pullman tin



- Yummy!! home baked loaf slices






I was referring to Kitchen Corner's recipe, mine one not as perfect as like her, but the bread is very soft and moist, worth to use hand to knead the dough. I have to make adjustment to her recipe due to the size of my pullman tin.


Thanks to Kitchen Corner sharing this lovely recipe.


Plain Loaf Recipe

** for pullman tin 10cm(W)x20cm(L)x10cm(H)


A) High Protein Flour 330g, 1 and 1/2tsp yeast, 195ml water


B) Cake Flour 90g, 23g sugar, 1/2tsp salt, 15g milk powder, 60ml water


C) 23g unsalted butter



Steps:-


1. Mix (A) and knead till smooth, set aside and rest for 90mins


2. Mix (B) into (A) dough, knead till well combine, add in (C) and knead till elastic. Set aside and rest for another 60mins


3. Divide dough into 3 equal portions and roll up like a swiss roll, and place in pullman tin. Set aside and rest for 60mins


4. Bake at pre-heat oven at 200c for 30mins.


Do Enjoy Baking !!!


26 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion..your bread looks like it is done by a professional baker ! : ) ... its risen so evenly...and looks so soft !

Palidor said...

What lovely bread! And your rooster timer is cute too. :-)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nat, Thanks for dropped by and Thanks for your nice words.

Palidor, ya, I have been looking for this rooster timer long time ago, just got it recently.

A Full-Timed Housefly said...

So nice and soft... did you use a conventional oven or bread maker ?

ann low said...

WOW! So clever :D I seldom make bread because failed few times even though I used the bread machine. Now my bread machine is a white elephant at home.

~Rachel~ said...

I thought u made by using a bread machine too.. haha.. it looks really nice and soft~

Colin Woon said...

Rooster timer?! Hahaha...you sure are collecting everything rooster related.

Your bread looks so soft and fluffy! I just feel like having a bite once I saw it! Good job!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Congrats! Looks perfect!

Reanaclaire said...

hi Sonia, i can imagine how it tastes like.. my buds tell me so.. esp when it is freshly baked.. oooohhh.. so many talented food bloggers i come across.. i really envy u all!! hahaa..

苏联妈妈 said...

wow !!! hand knead ! 你的面包很成功叻!

ai wei said...

lovely loaf!!!
i awn i wan!
may i know what kind of mixer are you using???
i tried to make buns but ended up it turned hard the next day...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

A full-time housefly, my oven is kind of Microwave Oven cum Conventional type.

Anncoo, I feel when come to making bread, better use hand to knead, I suspected the first two times of failure was due to I use food processor to knead the dough.

Rachel, 100% using hand knead..

Colin, ya, I love everything with Rooster. This morning the bread still wet and moist, good recipe to keep.

LCOM, Thanks.

Reanaclaire, Thanks for your nice words.

SuLianMummy, Thank you.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Ai Wei,I dont use any mixer, I use hand to knead the dough, try out this recipe, today I tried the loaf, it still wet and moist. If you like to do sweet bun, you may increase the sugar in this recipe.

canary said...

哇!面包我喜欢!外层像是脆脆的,不错!☺

Shandy said...

Sonia, the aroma of homemade bread is such a wonderful smell. Warm out of the oven, I can not imagine anything better. Your loaf of bread looks light and perfect! What a great job!

cherry potato said...

曾经试做过,可是不成功.我要向你偷师了.

Nate @ House of Annie said...

I am excited to try this...first gotta get some yeast.

J.O said...

白面包好叻^^
要抹什么果酱都可以

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Canary,you should try this, the bread still moist even kept for next day.

Shandy, yes, I like that bread smell came out from my oven, so so good smell.

Cherry, quickly try out.

Nate, you should try it.

J.O, yes, you are right, can apply anything..

petite nyonya said...

I just bought a small pullman pan too. Your bread looks very soft and fluffy! The smell of yeast while baking must be so nice :).

Lee said...

Hi Sonia, there is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking or baking for the people she loves.
And the dish called, 'housewife dish' is always the best as it has the ingredient called 'love'

You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

温馨小屋 said...

你好厉害哦!真的用手啊?那架processor不是打入冷宫咯?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Petite, quickly try it.

Uncle Lee, thanks for dropping by.

Felvinc, ya lor, the two failed attempted partly due to the food processor, to small unit, can't handle heavy dough kneading. I feel use hand to knead, better control..

smarthousewife said...

看起來很棒喔!

Cheryl said...

Looks so soft and delicious. I can imagine eating this with some kaya :D

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

smarthousewife, Thanks.

Cheryl, actually we ate with kaya ..very nice.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin