Wednesday, April 29, 2009
1) 红烧狮子头 - my meat ball size was slightly smaller, and I added white carrot and fish maw.
2) 酸梅酱鸡块- chicken marinate as per Nancy's recipe, but instead of plum asam sauce, I changed it to butter style - butter, garlic, curry leaves, chili padi and evaporated milk.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
I don't have muffin mould, so I use the paper cup to bake , thus it became cup bread, hahaha!!!
Yeast base - mix 1 tbsp lukewarm water with 5g of instant dried yeast, set aside until frothy.
250g of high proten flour or bread flour
40g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 medium-size eggs
100-125g of softened butter
1) Combine flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the yeast base and eggs. Mix until it forms a smooth sticky dough. (Take note- keep in mind that the dough is always very sticky, don't be tempted to add extra flour !!)
2) Add the softened butter and knead for about 5 minutes. Rest the dough for 1 hour.
3) Knead the dough again and cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4) Dust the worktop with flour, shape the dough to your preference shape.
5) Set aside again to proof until doubled in size.
6) Brush the top with the beaten eggs and bake in preheated oven at 180c for 20minutes.
**Total preparation time : 4 hours ( quite long hour, so bake it when you are free )
** The bread turned quite dry in the next day, so advise you to finish at the same day.
Monday, April 27, 2009
p/s Colin, these photos taken followed by the tips that advised by you, let me know your comment.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Just put all the dishes and everything into a big bowl of rice, and add the Lei Cha, simple and yummy.
- Sayur Manis ( stir fry with garlic)
- Bitter vegetable ( not sure the actual name, Hokkian people called as "Ko Cai"), stir fry with dried prawn and garlic.
-dried carrots ( stir fry with garlic)
-French bean ( stir fry with dried prawn and garlic)
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
- "Chicken Floss" sweet buns
- Cheese Loaf ( topping with cheddar cheese and Italian herbs)
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Blog header also changed to reflect a truly Nasi Lemak Lover....
- Nasi Lemak( fragrant coconut rice) ingredients
- Hard-boiled eggs
- a plate of yummy Nasi Lemak
-Best to eat with a glass of cool lime water
-a banana leaf-wrapped packet of nasi lemak (nasi lemak bungkus)
Steps to cook Sambal (Nasi Lemak chilli paste) and Nasi Lemak (coconut rice) :-
To prepare the Nasi Lemak (coconut rice)
a. Place washed rice, salt and knotted pandan leaves in an electric rice cooker.
b. Pour coconut milk over the rice and leave to soak for 30mins.
c. Cook the rice.
d. Once rice is cooked, leave it warm in the rice cooker.
To prepare the basic Sambal (chilli paste)
a. Heat the oil in wok, saute blended onion paste until fragrant.
b. Add in blended dried chilli paste and continue tumis (cook) for 30mins under low heat.
c. Add water and sugar and continue tumis (cook) for another 20mins under low heat.
d. Lastly add in sliced big onion.
** blended onion paste=Bombay onion ( a lot) + garlic (little) + shallot (little)
** Must put a lot of blended onion, oil and sugar. If you prefer stronger taste of sambal, you may add in shrimp paste (belacan) .
** You may add in ikan bilis, prawn, sotong & etc to the basic sambal paste.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
- pizza with ham and pineapple, Hawaiian style
** To make two big round pizza
3 tsp or 11g of instant yeast
180ml warm water
140ml fresh milk
2 tbsp of castor sugar
1 tsp of salt
580gm High Protein or Bread Flour
1 tbsp (tablespoon) of butter
A pinch of Italian herbs (optional)
Tomato paste (Usually I use Prego Traditional)
Big Onion, sliced
Green pepper, sliced
250g Mozzarella cheese, grated
Chopped Garlic (mixed with olive oil) - optional
1) Base A : Mix yeast and warm water and leave aside till frothy (about 30mins). Then add fresh milk, sugar and salt and mix well.
2) Sift flour into a mixing bowl, add butter, herbs and add base A and knead till smooth. Leave to prove till double in bulk (normally about 1 hour). Punch down and leave to prove for another 15mins. Roll out, pull gently into 3mm thick round sheet (you can adjust thickness to your preference). Place onto a greased baking tray.
3) Use fork to put hole on the bread base, brush tomato taste onto the base, sprinkle the topping on top (grated cheese to put last).
4) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 30 minutes or till golden brown. Remove and serve hot.
Note: Topping can be adjusted according to taste e.g cooked chicken meat, cooked minced beef, ham, sardine or tuna fish and etc.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
-Entrance via Firefly Park Resort. Usually the place is quite packed during the weekends hence try to go during weekdays.The best time to visit the park is after nightfall at approximately 7:30pm to 7:45pm.