My son Lucas love prawn dishes especially butter prawn, but this time I cooked something different-Salt and Pepper prawns for him to try.
Salt and pepper prawns
350g medium large prawns
2 stalks of spring onion
1 red chili, seeded and chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 and 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp of black pepper
A dash of Chinese five spice powder
Marinate prawns with:-
½ tsp light soy sauce
½ tsp pepper
2tbsp of tapioca/ corn flour
1. Trim prawns and season with marinade for about 30mins
2. Heat cooking oil in a wok until hot and deep-fry prawns until cooked (2-3minutes). Remove and drain from oil.
3. In another clean wok, sauté garlic with oil till fragrant, set aside.
4. Combine salt, five spice powder, pepper and dark pepper in a clean wok, fry about 30seconds
5. Return prawns to the wok and add fried garlic, chopped spring onion and chilli. Toss and fry briefly.
He likes this too, but still prefers butter prawn !!
Happy Cooking !!
58 minutes ago