-Drizzle caramel over the popcorn
Ohbin, Thanks to Ohbin for kind sharing of this great recipe.
Homemade Caramel Popcorn
300g Corn Kernels
6 tbsp corn oil
To pop corn kernels
1. Pour corn oil into a wok/pan, coat entirely the wok.
2. Heat oil over medium flame
3. Add the corn kernels, stir fry to mix well till corn kernels start to expand and pop
4. Cover the wok, slowly move the pan to keep the popcorn from burning in spots.
5. When the popping slows down to the point that you don’t hear much pop, off the flame.
6. Take off the lid, and pour popcorn into large bowl., remove unpopped kernels.
7. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
To make caramel popcorn1. Add sugar in a clean wok/saucepan over medium flame, cook till melted and become syrup.
2. Add in butter and water, keep stirring till become thick caramel (put a drop of caramel into a bowl of water and when it is not immediate dissolved , then the caramel is ready)
3. Let the syrup cool slightly, then drizzle over the popcorn. Toss the popcorn carefully using spoons.
4. Bake at preheated oven at 150c for 20-30mins, stir from time to time.
5. Store popcorn in airtight containers.
my note- Do not over drizzle the caramel over the popcorn, otherwise the excess caramel will stick to your teeth when you eating them..no fun lo....
Happy Baking !!