Here is a very simple home cook steamed tauchu (fermented soy bean) chicken dish that goes well with steam rice.
Steamed fermented soy bean chicken
(souce: originated by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
400g debone chicken drumstick meat, cut into small bite size
1tbsp tauchu /fermented soy bean
1tsp light soy sauce
A dash of pepper
1tsp Chinese cooking wine, optional
1tbsp tapioca starch/ corn starch
1tbsp chopped garlic
1tbsp shredded ginger
1 fresh red chili, chopped
1 sprig spring onion, chopped
1. Mix chicken meat with marinate seasonings in a steaming plate, marinate for 1hour or more.
2. Add water and tapioca starch, chopped garlic and shredded ginger and mix well with marinated chicken.
3. Add half of the red chili and spring onion, and mix well with chicken.
4. Steam over high flame for about 8mins or till cooked.
5. Garnish with the other half red chili and spring onion.
6. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Happy Cooking !!