I like pandan (screwpine) butter cake, but I don't like to add store bought pandan paste as they are too fragrant and artificial. Until I found that we can make pandan paste at home, i immediate bookmarked this recipe but just have time to try out last week. I like the natural green from the pandan paste and the cake smell so good.
I left the pandan juice (blend 25pcs of pandan + 300ml water) in the fridge for 5 days, you can see a layer of pandan paste sink at the bottom. You may check more details in Wendy's blog.
Pandan Butter Cake
250g cake flour
2tsp of double action baking powder
6tbsp homemade pandan paste (concentrated pandan juice)
1. Sift cake flour and baking powder in a bowl, set aside
2. Beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time, mixing well.
4. Fold in flour and pandan paste, combine well.
5. Pour cake mixture into cake tin.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 60mins or skewer came out clean.
Happy Baking !!