1/2cup soft margarine (I replaced with butter)
1/2cup superfine sugar
1 and 1/2cup self-raising flour
2 large eggs
2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 oz/25g semisweet chocolate, melted (I melted chocolate with 2tbsp milk)
Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
For the filling-buttercream
6tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 and ½ cup confectioner’s sugar ( I reduce to 1 cup)
1 oz/ 25g semisweet chocolate, melted
1. Put margarine/butter, sugar, flour, eggs and cocoa in a large bowl, and using a handheld electric mixer, beat together until just smooth.
2. Beat in the melted chocolate.
3. Spoon batter into the paper cases in a muffin pan.
4. Bake at pre-heated oven 180c for 15mins.Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
5. To make the filling, beat butter, sugar and melted chocolate until well mixed.
6. When the cupcakes are cooled, use a serrated knife to cut a circle from the top of each cake and then cut each circle in half.
7. Spread or pipe a little buttercream into the center of each cupcake and press the 2 semicircular halves into it at an angle to resemble butterfly wings.
8. Dust with sifted confectioner’s sugar before serving.
**I found this cupcake is a bit floury, i will reduce the flour if next time i will make this cupcakes again.
I was so excited to meet Jane in person on last month. Since she was in the rush, so we choose to meet up in Dragon-I restaurant One Utama which is convenient for both of us. Since we were non-stop chatting, so i'm able to take this only one lovely couple picture, lets see her sweet smiling face and her kind & smart husband here:-
Thanks to Jane given me these two lovely gifts..and Nice to knowing you via blogging, hope to see you soon. I'm glad joining this blog world, i going to meet few new bloggers this coming weekend, can't wait to meet them in person, Happy Blogging!!