Sweet and sour pork ribs is a very common dish in Chinese family, but some time I feel boring keep cooking the same kind of sweet and sour. Thus I play with the sauces that I have in my kitchen and came out with this very fragrant Teriyaki sauce of pork ribs dish, and the taste is very similar to honey sauce pork ribs that serve in outside Chinese restaurants. Feel free to try it out !!
Special Terikayi Pork Ribs
(source: originated by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
550g pork ribs, chop into bite size (you may replace with lean meat or chicken )
Marinate pork ribs with seasonings for an hour:-
3tsp light soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
A dash of white pepper
1tsp Chinese cooking wine (Tiew Heng wine)
Half egg, lightly beaten
1tbsp tapioca flour
Special Teriyaki sauce:-
1tbsp Japanese Teriyaki sauce
2tbsp tomato ketchup
1/2tbsp white vinegar
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3tbsp rice flour, for deep frying
Roasted white sesame seeds
Shredded red chili
1. Mix well rice flour with marinate pork ribs, deep fry in hot oil till golden brown and cooked over medium flame, drain and set aside.
2. Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
3. Add 2tbsp from the deep fry oil, sauté chopped garlic, add in all the sauce mixture.
4. Return deep fried pork ribs into wok, mix and coat well with the sauce.
5. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds and garnish with shredded red chili, serve hot with steamed rice.
Happy Cooking !!