This is also another Chinese dish that every Chinese mom know how to cook this.
I saw Shirley from Kokken69 also cook a very nice braised mushroom meat sauce the other day, and i also like her awesome pictures. Here i would like to share my version of braised mushroom meat sauce as my seasonings and method are little difference from Shirley.
Braised Mushroom Meat Sauce 香菇肉燥
700g minced pork (lean and belly pork)
10pcs dried shitake mushroom, soak several hours, dice into small cubes
100g red shallots, chopped finely
300ml water or stock, or adjust accordingly
2tbsp fish sauce
2tbsp oyster sauce
3tbsp light soy sauce
2tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2tbsp rock sugar
1tbsp Chinese wine
A dash of white pepper
1/2tsp salt or to taste
1. Heat oil in a wok, sauté chopped shallots till fragrant.
2. Add in minced pork and mushroom, stir fry for a while till color change.
3. Add water and fish sauce, pepper, light soy sauce and oyster sauce, simmer on low heat for about 45mins, stir fry from time to time.
4. Add the rest of seasonings-dark soy sauce, rock sugar, Chinese wine, continue simmer for another 15mins or until thick gravy. Adjust the taste with salt accordingly.
5. Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.
Usually i will cook some green veggie or pickle cucumber to accompany with this braised meat sauce.
Happy Cooking !!
Happy Deepavali and Happy Holiday!!