I got this idea on how to make this meringue ghost from Jane's corner, but I did not use her recipe (I use the earlier ice cream cookie recipe which taught by Felvinc) and method (she leave the meringue in the oven and door open for overnight) as humid air here will cause the meringue absorbed the moisture and turned sticky very quickly. Anyway, Thanks to Jane for sharing this great idea.
Halloween Meringue Ghosts
(source : originated by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
2 large eggs white (about 50-60g)
40g icing sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1/8tsp vanilla essence
2tsp corn flour
Chocolate chips, to deco the eyes
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar on low-medium speed until foamy.
3. Add the sugar, a little at a time, and continue to beat until the meringue holds soft peaks.
4. Add in corn flour and vanilla essence, continue to beat until very stiff peaks.
5. Pipe meringue into small ghost shape and carefully place two chocolate chips into each meringue ghost.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 70c for 90mins or until they are dry and crisp to the touch and easily separate from the parchment paper.
7. Immediately transfer the baked meringue into air tight container (to avoid meringues became sticky and gooey).
** Desmond was so happy to enjoy this cripsy and sweet meringue ghosts !!
Happy Baking and Happy Halloween !!