This was the 1st recipe which I adapted from a cupcakes recipe book given by Jane from Perth (Thank you very much to Jane) recently when she returned home for a short vacation. There are about 80 cupcakes recipe in this book, stay tuned for more cupcakes recipe from me!!
Marble Chocolate Cupcakes
*makes 12 muffin size
150g soft margarine (or replaced with butter )
150g caster sugar
3 eggs (medium)
200g self-raising flour
55g semisweet chocolate, melted (or replaced with cocoa powder)
1. Using a handheld mixer, beat together margarine, sugar, eggs and flour until just smooth.
2. Divide the batter between 2 bowls. Add the melted chocolate to one bowl and stir until well mixed.
3. Using a teaspoon, and alternating the chocolate batter with the plain batter, fill ¾ full of paper case.
4. Bake the cupcakes in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 25mins, or until well risen and springy to the touch.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Happy Baking !!