Stir fried black pepper Udon noodles
450g fresh Japanese Udon noodles
100g Chinese Bak Choy, sliced
100g Chinese long cabbage, sliced
1 small carrot, sliced
8pcs dried Shiitake mushrooms, soaked till soft, sliced
200g chicken breast, diced
3 fish cake, diced
250ml water or Dashi soup stock
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2tbsp ground black pepper
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp Japanese soy sauce
salt to taste
1. Heat cooking oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir fry chopped garlic till golden brown.
2. Add in chicken, fish cake, mushrooms and carrot, stir fry and mix well.
3. Add in water or stock, bak choy and cabbage, cook for about 5mins.
4. Mix in the noodles, add the seasonings. Bring the mixture to boil again.
5. Stir-fry noodles mixture and cook till the sauce has thickened.
6. Serve warm.
Happy Cooking !!